12. Alejandro

Theme song: Alejandro- Lady Gaga

                                   ∆

       He wiped off the beads of perspiration that had begun forming on his forehead. Looking at her, he questioned her for the last time.

      "And where were you as at that time?" He asked

     "Well , I was home watching TV" she smiled at the frustrated cop.

    "Where did you go when you left the bar?"

     "I just told you I was home watching TV, which means I went straight home" Elena said impatiently.

     "Look." She stood. "I have a very busy schedule. I haven't got all day to spend answering questions on a death I know absolutely nothing about"

       Elena was a lady with power. The cop let her go without further delay.

                                      ∆∆

         "Alejandro watched her walk through the double glass doors of the agency and give a fake smile to the receptionist.

       " Get close to her, close enough to know her secrets, but not too close so she eats your heart out. "   Vin repeated for the third time that night

     "Okay. Okay. I get it" Alejandro answered with an eagerness to get on his first mission and more of an eagerness to go to beautiful Italy.

                                     ∆∆∆

     "Yes. Yes. I apologize for being so late." She spoke into her phone as she walked towards where he stood by the lifts.

       An advanced sense of hearing was a part of his supernatural abilities.

       "Yes. I'll be there in a second" she said as she finally got to where he stood.

        About five more seconds passed as they both stood in silence waiting for the lift to arrive.

         As they both entered into the lift, he pressed the button for the last floor and looked back at her gesturing at the bank of buttons.

       "I'm also going to the last floor" she said in a clipped tone.

      "Okay then" He said as they rose and stared out at Milan through the glass walls of the lift.

         "Are you new here?" He asked.

        "No. I've been here for about two years now." She turned to smile at the handsome young man.

      "Oh. I see. I'm new here. Started an hour ago" he smiled revealing a set of sparkling white teeth.

        "I'm Alejandro by the way" he extended his hand to her.

      "Elena" she said as she moved to shake his hand.

         Her fingers had merely brushed his when she screamed.

         "Aargghhhhh". Stumbling back, she held her head and groaned in pain.

         "Is everything okay?" Alejandro moved to help her.

       "Yes. Everything's okay." She moved further away from him until her back hit the walls of the lift.

             The blinding flash of pain that seared through her head was gone, just as fast as it came.

    Everything was definitely not okay.

         Seeing him look at her with a worried expression on his face, she felt embarrassed.

        "Way to go Elena. " she thought. "Now, he'll think you're a total psycho."

          Sighing, she smiled at him again.

   "You sure you're okay?" He asked, returning the smile.

     "Yes. I guess. Its probably one of my migraine attacks showing up. I just need to unwind." She lied.

      "Then it will be my pleasure to take you out for dinner this evening" he grinned as he looked her up and down for the third time in that ride.

        Elena felt herself melt underneath his gaze. She had never felt this way before towards any male.

Not when her mission was to kill them.

         "Well...?" He asked, waiting for her reply.

        "I'd love that" she managed to say just as the doors of the elevator slid open.

           Alejandro watched her go with a satisfied look on his face. He made a mental note to ask Vin later to suppress his touch powers a little. The pain she felt was dangerous, she could begin to suspect something was amiss. One thing was certain though.

            She was the one. Definitely.

                                      ∆∆∆∆

   * A/N:  So , what do you think Alejandro wants with Elena?

          Please, vote and comment. Thanks!*