11. Blood

Theme song: Monster-Lady Gaga.

                                 ∆

     Frieda Hannes alias Elena Castelleti.Now 22 years of age and world famous fashion model. Based in Milan, Italy.

                                     ∆∆

  "From her seat by the window, she had the advantage of seeing everyone who passed by. Milan at night was a beautiful city, a beautiful city with so many secrets.

   Slowly twirling her glass of red wine, she tried to control it. The urge for blood. Human blood. It had grown increasingly stronger the past few days.

    Three years had passed since that night she sold her soul. Laughing, a rather mirthless one, she thought of the irony of it all.

     'She sold her soul, to save her soul'

   Leaning back in her seat, she looked around. It didn't take her long to realise that everyone around her was a couple. They all shot strange looks her way, all of them wondering the same thing.

         She was alone

   After an extra ten minutes of waiting for her date, her blood began to boil.

    " He stood me up" she muttered to no one in particular.

    Only someone sitting very close to her would have been able to see the quick flash of red in her eyes as she stood up and left.

     All she saw as she walked to his house was red.

     And red as we all know, is the colour of

                               BLOOD

                                     ∆∆∆

   Scala Pio was a 27 year old male model who worked for the same agency as Elena Castelleti did,  he joined Cortona fashion agency the same year she did. She had always intrigued him with her proud stance. There was something different, something strange about her, which was why he had asked her out countless times for two years now.

    Only yesterday, after a particularly successful photoshoot did she accept.

    As he changed his tie for the third time that night, he went over the things he intended to say to her. Sighing, he sat on his bed. Nothing seemed to be going right that night for him.

    Checking his watch , he saw that he was about twenty minutes late for his date with her.

    Finally, he slipped into his shoes and picked up the box of Genevan chocolates he got her earlier.

   Five steps away from the front door, he heard a knock. Dropping the box on the couch, he moved to check who it was. He wasn't expecting anyone.

                               ∆∆∆∆

   Looking out, he saw no one. Shrugging, he blamed his stressed mind for the sound. A faction of his own imagination.  Closing the door, he turned to pick up the box of chocolates.

    "Knock. Knock. Knock"

  The sound came again, but this time, it was from his kitchen door.

   Thinking it might be one of the teenagers living nearby who had decided to play a prank on him, he ignored it.

    Then all of a sudden, the lights in the living room went off.