Chapter One ~

A phone started ringing as the boys practiced their new dance routine, causing all the boys to look at one another awkwardly.

Namjoon stopped the music and turned around. "Whose phone is it now?" he asked, looking at the other six boys.

Jungkook's face went red. "Um, mine, hyung," he stuttered. "May I be excused for a moment, please?"

Namjoon sighed. "You know the rules, Jungkook. No phones at practice. But go ahead and hurry up."

Jungkook thanked his leader and grabbed his phone before running out of the practice room. He answered it before it went to voicemail and he held it up to his ear. "Hello?"

"Jungkook? Are you there?" a female voice answered.

"Yeah, it's me," Jungkook said breathlessly. He leaned up against a wall, his other hand sliding into his pants pocket. The wall was cold against his sweaty spine. "What do you need? I have to get back to practice."

The female hesitated before she spoke again. "Never mind, then. I can handle it myself."

Jungkook grunted. "Just tell me what's going on, Sarah. You've already interrupted practice."

"Eden isn't behaving," Sarah answered. "I think she misses you."

Jungkook bit his lip. "I can't do anything about it, Sarah. I can't just leave practice."

A scream came from the phone followed by crying noises. Jungkook closed his eyes as he listened to the baby crying in the background. "Okay, okay. I'll see if I can leave."

"You don't have to-"

"No, I need to get her," Jungkook argued. "I'll be there in a bit." He hung up the phone and timidly walked back into the practice room. All his bandmates looked at him, expectant looks on their faces.

"I need to leave," Jungkook piped up, breaking the silent bubble in the room.

"What is up with you?" Jin asked. "You've been leaving practice early for a while now. Are you hiding something from us?"

Jungkook nervously wrung his hands. "Um, no."

Jimin hugged the boy. "Whatever you're doing, I just hope you're being safe. Now leave, Kookie~!"

Jungkook took this chance and grabbed his things before he walked out of the door, hearing Namjoon scold Jimin for giving Jungkook permission to leave. Jungkook texted Sarah to say that he was on his way. He walked out of the building and to his car, his pace getting quicker as he recalled the crying noises from the phone.

"Man, do I wish I knew the consequences of being a single parent before I messed up," he muttered as he pushed the keys into the ignition and drove off.

---

First chapters are always short for me. The coming chapters will be longer.