Chapter Fifteen ~

Jungkook debated whether he should take Eden with him to the store or not. He was running out of food and stuff at his apartment so he decided it was time for him to make a trip to the grocery store. And seeing how Eden had been recently trying to open the front door, Jungkook thought it would be nice to take her with him. But he wouldn't go alone.

Jungkook got out of his car and Jin opened the back seat. The male unbuckled Eden and smiled as the little one waved at him. Jin went to the passenger seat and frowned as Jungkook took out Eden's bag. "You don't need to take that."

"But all her stuff is in it," Jungkook countered. "She might need something."

"Then take a diaper and a snack or something," Jin compromised. "You don't need to lug that big thing around.

Jungkook went to plead again but Jin shushed him. "Don't back talk your mother and do what I say."

Jin carried Eden as they walked in the store. People eyed them and murmurs spread through the bystanders. Jungkook felt awkward, since this was his first time going anywhere with his daughter. At least Jin was there to make him feel okay.

"So you put her in the cart, okay? Like this," Jin instructed as he put Eden in the cart, her chubby legs slipping into the holes. She turned this way and that, looking at the store around her. "Gog?" She pointed to a purple stuffed dog on a shelf before she stuck her thumb in her mouth.

"So what are we getting?" Jin asked, pushing the cart. He went straight through a crowd of adults who looked Jungkook up and down. They wondered if he was the one who was on the news every day. Jin didn't mind though and remained focused on the task at hand. He wanted to make sure Jungkook felt comfortable.

"Um, some more formula first," Jungkook said as he took out his list and looked at his scribbled handwriting. He glanced up at the people who stared at him and he suddenly wanted to grab Eden and go back home.

"What kind of formula?" Jin questioned, going to the baby food aisle.

"Whatever that says," Jungkook shakily gave his friend the written note.

"Did you seriously write the thing word-for-word?"

Jungkook blushed. "I haven't done this before, hyung! Sarah always did this."

"You've been spoon fed all your life," Jin snipped, smirking at Jungkook. "It's time you passed that on to your daughter, you think?"

Jungkook scooted more closely to Jin. "People keep looking at me. It's making me feel weird."

"Well, you are Jeon Jungkook," Jin replied. "If I was in their shoes, I would stare at you, too."

Thirty minutes passed and the cart slowly filled with several things. Jungkook checked another thing off the list and sighed, relieved. "That was the last of it," he said, motioning to the baby wipes that had just been dumped into the cart.

Eden played with Jin's fingers as he gripped the cart. Jin smiled and pet her hair before looking at Jungkook. "So we're done?"

Jungkook nodded and they began their way to the check out. Eden looked up at Jin with a question in her eye and pointed at Jungkook who walked in front of the cart. "Bite?"

"I think she's hungry," Jin told Jungkook as they pulled up to a register.

"Then we'll go eat after this," Jungkook grinned. "Want to join?"

Jin nodded. "I'm always up for good food."

***

Jungkook chuckled as he fed Eden, her face dirty with food. Once she was finished chewing it and had already swallowed, she looked up at her dad. She rose up her fists and clenched and unclenched them, signaling she wanted more. Jungkook nodded and gave her another small bite of chicken. She slowly chewed and once she was finished Jungkook let her sip up her milk with a straw.

"Man, I don't think I could give up half of my plate for one kid," Jin gasped as he eyed Jungkook's plate.

"Huh?" Jungkook looked down and saw that his plate was slowly getting less and less full. He laughed dryly. "Oops."

"So what now?" Jin asked, leaning forward a bit. "This is the first time you've ever been out with her. Are you going to go back into hiding again?"

Jungkook shrugged. "I haven't really thought about it."

Jin nodded. "I would be more than happy to take care of her if you ever need me to. I might not always be available but I'm sure I could figure something out."

Jungkook shook his head. "I wouldn't make you do that. You've done enough already."

"I just bought you your groceries and took you out to eat." Jin wiped his mouth and took a drink of his soda. "That is not enough for my granddaughter."

"Stop calling her your granddaughter," Jungkook joked.

"You can't tell me what to do," Jin quipped, chuckling. "But seriously, she's welcome to come over to the dorm anytime."

"The dorm?" Jungkook choked on his saliva. "I'm not letting her anywhere near Hoseok."

Jin nodded, silent.

"Judging from that letter he wrote me, I think he wouldn't hesitate to take another thing I love away from me," Jungkook growled. "She's all I have left."

"I understand. I don't blame you really," Jin sat back, looking down. "I think I'm next on his list."

"What do you mean?"

"When we were trying to figure out how we were going to distribute your lines, Yoongi said I would get a majority of them," Jin started. "And we were all fine with that, you know? But then Hoseok started complaining that he didn't get enough lines and that we weren't fair. Yoongi told him that it was because most of them were for vocals and Hoseok's rap is already long, remember? But of course, Hoseok started yelling at me and telling me how prideful I was and how I couldn't see past my own 'problems.'" Jin put air quotes around the word "problems" while rolling his eyes. "Don't be surprised if I'm kicked out next because of some stupid dirt thrown on me."

"That sucks," Jungkook grunted as he gave Eden another drink of milk. "I wonder what his deal is."

"Don't we all?" Jin's phone started ringing and he took it out of his pocket. "Speak of the devil." He answered it and answered with a bored "hey."

Jungkook went to work with cleaning his daughter's face until Jin suddenly slipped out of the booth. Jungkook looked up and mouthed "what?"

Jin pushed his phone to his chest. "Hoseok needs me at the dorm. You'll have to pay for it. I'm sorry. I'll pay you back."

"What do you mean? What does he need you for?" But Jungkook's questions were never answered as Jin ran off, leaving Jungkook and Eden alone. Jungkook put his head in his hands as he inhaled and exhaled sharply. "Yeah, sure, Jin. Just blow your true friends off for a fake one. Let's see how that turns out for you."

---