Chapter Twenty Four ~

"So you're coming with me?" Jungkook asked as Jimin followed him to his room.

"Of course," Jimin answered. "I'll take Eden shopping while you go about looking for a job."

Jungkook whined. "No, no, no. She doesn't need more stuff. She's got plenty."

"My child can never have too much," Jimin giggled.

Jungkook sighed, knowing that arguing would get him nowhere. He sat Eden down on the bed and went to her dresser. He sifted through her drawers in something for his daughter to wear. He heard Jimin open up his closet and he mentally groaned when he heard his hangers clanking about. He just goes through everything, doesn't he? A few more minutes later, Jungkook found the perfect outfit when a pair of hands shoved something to his chest.

"Um, I'm picking out my daughter's clothes, not you," Jimin quipped. "I'm not letting someone who only wears white shirts and sweatpants dress my child."

Jungkook looked at the long sleeved dress pressed against him. "That's too dressy. C'mon, Jimin. You're not her dad."

"But it's so cute!" Jimin gushed. "It's not that dressy, Jungkook. She'll be fine."

Jungkook just waved his hand in the air, yawning. "Fine. You take care of her while I get dressed."

Once the two Jeons and lone Park were ready, they all headed to the garage. Jungkook counted on his fingers everything he had while Jimin poked Eden's cheeks as she sat in her dad's arms. "She has a stroller right?" Jimin asked.

Jungkook nodded and gestured to something in the corner. Jimin looked over and his eyes widened. It wasn't your everyday stroller. No, this one was something a mom of five would use that had a basket underneath and a tray and cup holders, along with several other nifty things. "That's going to fit in your car?"

Jungkook nodded. "It has before." He walked over to his car and opened the backseat up. He put down Eden's bag and then got Eden buckled up. He smiled at her after she got situated and then planted a kiss on her small nose that was identical to his. He then retreated, shutting the car door to see Jimin pushing the empty stroller around.

"I can get used to this," he muttered.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and took the stroller before folding it up and jamming into the trunk of his car. "Now get in. My patience is running out with you."

"What did I do?" Jimin gasped as he walked over to the passenger side of the car.

"You, my friend, make me feel like I'm a father of two, not one," Jungkook retorted. They both got in the car and then they started on their way. At a red light, Jungkook turned to Jimin, a smirk displayed on his face. "You want to see how little patience an 18 month old has?"

"I'm sure it's not that bad," Jimin said. "I can handle it." He turned around in his seat and looked at Eden who watched the two boys intently. "Right, Eden?"

"Appa," she spoke.

Jimin chuckled. "You're not supposed to call me daddy when he's here, okay?"

"Park Jimin, I swear you have two seconds to exit my vehicle," Jungkook growled.

"Appa!" Eden yelled, drawing her dad's attention.

Jungkook smiled and grabbed the pacifier that sat in his cup holder. He stretched his arm back and felt a small hand grasp it before he gripped the steering wheel once again, taking off down the road.

"Okay, so what are our plans for today?" Jimin asked as he watched the buildings fly by the windows.

"Well, you're going to take care of Eden if you behave while I go in search of help wanted signs," Jungkook sighed. "I really hate this."

Jimin nodded. "It's not the same without you."

"How's uh, everyone else? In terms of Hoseok, I mean," Jungkook asked.

His friend shrugged, his shoulders bobbing up and down. "Well, Jin has fewer lines than what he started with. Yoongi is fine. You know, since he's pretty close to Hoseok and all that. Namjoon's scared to even be the leader anymore. I'm kicked out as you know. And poor Tae, he's just trying to do everything perfect but Hoseok just yells at him to fix everything he's supposedly doing wrong."

"And to think none of this would've happened if it wasn't for me," Jungkook murmured.

Jimin slapped the younger's shoulder. "Say anything like that one more time and I'll hurt you worse!"

***

Jungkook walked out of the store to see Eden crying in her stroller and Jimin sitting on a bench with the most done expression ever. "What- You're just leaving her to cry?" Jungkook exclaimed as he rushed to his daughter's aid. He picked her up and let her cry into his neck.

Jimin looked like he could cry, too. "I tried to help her but she wouldn't stop. I tried to give her food or a drink but she kept crying. I'm not a good dad." He sulked into his jacket and pouted. "Please help her."

Jungkook said a few calming words to Eden, but she kept sobbing. Jungkook knew it was probably due to all the people and loud atmosphere of the mall. "She's probably just overwhelmed. Why don't we head somewhere else?"

"No having any luck?" Jimin asked as he stood up. He gripped the stroller and began following his friend to the exit where the car was parked.

"Nope," Jungkook replied. He wondered why. It seemed every place had enough employees. Either that or no one wanted him to work for them.

"I don't get it," Jimin said. "You would get more customers to come in their business."

Jungkook nodded. "Yeah, you have a point. Why don't you go tell them that?"

"Hey, Taehyung called earlier to say he was at your house," Jimin added. "The door was locked so he couldn't get in."

"So he's just waiting outside?" Jungkook asked.

"Pretty much," Jimin chuckled. "We could see if he has any ideas."

Jungkook nodded. "Sounds good to me."

---