CHAPTER 4: Getting To Know Each Other

HUNTER

       When I woke up this morning, I couldn't stop thinking about last night and how sweet she was.

        She seemed to be genuinely sweet. Though I quickly start to remind myself of what Tanner said and how he warned me that that kindness act was part of her game.

        Which for some reason, the few times I've been around her, I have forgotten about what I'm needing to really do.

        So after getting dressed, heading towards the gym, then taking a shower to get ready for work, I start heading towards the shop.

       When I arrived, I was surprised to see that the place was already unlocked. Though, thinking it was one of the artists that had arrived early, I walked inside and saw that it was Carrie.

      She was dancing to the music while setting up my station.

      She then turned around and seemed startled when she saw me.

      After reminding her about how she left the door unlocked, even though I was already given a key by Sam, I went over to my station and set down my backpack.

        "Would you like some coffee?" I hear her ask from behind me.

        I turn around to look at her. "Uh, sure. I can go and get us some."

         "No. It's okay. I can get it. What would you like though?" She asks me.

          "I would like for you to let me go and get it." I told her with a smirk.

          She looks at me for a second before answering.

          "How about this. You and I both go to get it?" She suggests.

          "No, cause you need to stay here, as the manager for the day and watch the place, while I go and get the coffees." I tell her.

         She looks at me with a teasing scowl on her face.

         "Fine." She says in defeat. "I'd like a Caramel Frapp with extra caramel and whip cream, the largest size they have please."

          "Sure. Anything else?" I asked.

          "And a banana nut muffin." She replies while reaching into her pocket to pull out some money to give me.

        I hold up my hand while walking passed her and towards the door to leave, "I got it." I give her a wink and a smile.

        "You paid for the dinner last night. This one's on me." She said.

         "Nope. Sorry. I'll be back." I chuckled as I left and began heading towards the Starbucks that's right around the corner.

         After ordering and waiting for our coffees, I checked my phone to see if I had any missed calls or anything.

         Which I did and they mostly were from Tanner.

          And since it was gonna take a minute to get the drinks, I decided to call him.

         "Hey! What's up?" I asked after Tanner picked up.

         "So, have you made contact with her?" He asks me.

         "I have." I replied.

         "Good. So what did I tell you?!" He said.

         "You're right, she's really nice." I replied.