CHAPTER 8: My Promise!

HUNTER

        It's now been almost a couple of weeks since Carrie and I started dating and I gotta admit, I truly am the happiest I have ever been in my life.

        Never once would I have ever been able to say that and to think of myself as a romantic and I don't know how to describe it.

         I'm finding myself doing things with and for her that I have never done nor even wanted to ever do for a woman before. But something about her makes me wanna try.

         Now, with her being the beautiful distraction she is, I have been lying of course to Tanner and how I haven't found it yet when the truth is, I haven't even been looking for it.

         I know though, that I need to find out more information about what happened between them and if rather or not she really did take the money.

         I trust more than I do Tanner. In fact, while I'm trying to get the information myself, I also asked for Scott to help me out and try to find out whatever he can on Tanner and this situation. Cause my gut tells me he's lying. Though I need proof. Which I also know, that soon, I need to tell her what I do and who I am. Though I'm also afraid at the same time, that she will leave me.

        Tonight, however, while Sam was staying with her boyfriend while Carrie invited me over to her place to cook me dinner and us to have a nice romantic evening together. So I am not going to think about that right now.

       So I just put on my jeans, slicked back my hair and put on a nice dark fitted T shirt.

       When I walked over, I was about to knock on the door, when I saw the door was opened up a crack already. So I walked inside and shut the door.

       I saw Carrie in the kitchen, looking hot as always while cooking.

       I start walking into the kitchen and as she turns to see me, she smiles as I start handing her her favorite flowers.

       "Awww. Than you baby. They're beautiful." She smiles and kisses me.

       "You're welcome." I reply.

        She then bends over and pulls out a flower vase from underneath the sink, fills it with water and then puts them in there.

        "It smells good." I tell her.

        "Thank you. It's almost done actually." She replies. "Would you mind setting the table?" She asks me.

         "Not at all." I tell her as I grab the napkins, silverware, plates and wine glasses. Then head towards the table and set them down.

         "So how was your day?" She asks.

         "Not too bad. Yours?" I ask.

         "Not too bad neither." She says.

          Then she grabs the platter of eggplant parmesan, with salad and bread sticks and walks over to the table and sets them down, then I pull out the chair for her as she takes a seat. Then I take mine across from her and we start eating.

          The dinner was great and we began talking about more of ourselves to each other and getting to know one another more. Then the question finally came up.

          "So, have you always been a tattoo artist?" She asks me.

          Right as I was trying to think of a way to use the opportunity in telling her the truth, my phone went off.