CHAPTER 14: The Beginning of The End

CARRIE

        When I woke up this morning and reached over to the side of the bed where Hunter sleeps, I notice that it's empty. He isn't there.

         I then get up, take a shower and get ready for the day before heading downstairs to see where he's at.

        As I began walking downstairs, I don't see anyone, but I do hear voices coming from out of Hunter's office.

        While approaching slowly, trying not to disturb them, I stop right on the outside of the door and listen in.

        "Boss, Tanner has been interfering with our shipments and with the last one especially. He has been working with Timothy this whole time. Which we took care of him. But Tanner, his plan was to ruin your business so that Big Jones could stop doing business with you, maybe even kill you off and one day, be handed his title. But Sir, he's coming for her." One of Hunter's guys says.

         I don't even hesitate. I know how to end all of this once and for all. Something I swore I would never do and would stay away from. But I will do this for Hunter.

          I open the door up more and walk inside.

          Everybody's eyes are now all on me and are surprised.

          Hunter stands up. "Baby?! You shouldn't be in here right now. I will be upstairs in a minute." He tells me.

          "But I can help you." I began.

          "What do you mean?" He asks.

          "I didn't mean to eavesdrop. But I overheard what Tanner has been doing and what his plans are. And I can help." I tell him.

         "How?" Scott asks.

        "And I swear if you even mention sacrificing yourself to Tanner." He begins but I interrupt him.

       "No. But, there's something I need to tell you. Big Jones, the Godfather of the Mafia....he's my uncle." I say as I avoid looking at the stares I'm getting right now.

        "What?" Hunter asks.

        "He's my uncle. He's the only family I have left. He has raised me since my parents were murdered when I was five. I don't agree with the lifestyle he has chosen, but, he's not such a bad guy....or, Uncle, I should say. I'm his favorite person in the world and the money that Tanner has claimed to be his, is really my Uncle's. But Tanner stole it from my uncle and at the time, I was dating Tanner, so when he told me, I tried it getting it back and now, I still have the money, but was trying to return it. It's just been hard to get in touch with him." I finish as I feel a bit nervous and embarrassed.

         Then I suddenly feel a finger lift my chin up and I am greeted by Hunters eyes and smile.

         "I love you baby. We'll talk about this later." He tells me.

         I nod my head in agreement. He then starts kissing my lips and while making out we hear Scott tell everyone to leave.

        Then all that was left in the office was me and Hunter.

         As we rested our foreheads against each other's, I begin to explain to him about my uncle.

        "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. But I do know that no matter what, I can protect you. And I can assure you that my uncle doesn't like Tanner and can get rid of him once and for all, once he finds out what all he has done and is still trying to do." I assure Hunter.

         "Does Tanner know he's your uncle?" He asks me.

         "No." I reply. "I never trusted anyone but you to tell that he was my uncle." I tell him.

         He smiles at me and then pulls away from me a little bit and sits down in his chair behind his desk with a worried and concerned look on his face.

          "What is it?" I ask.

          "Your uncle. He is an amazing man. He is an idol in the business. But also, I know what all he's capable of. And if he finds out about me and that I was in on Tanner's plan in the beginning, he'll kill me. Though I'm not afraid to die but, I'm afraid, of not being with you. Not holding you." He begins as he stops from being choked up a little bit.

          I walk over towards him and sit on his lap, wrapping both my arms around his neck and him still not looking at me, but at his desk, I start to move his head towards my direction to face me.

          "Look at me baby. I want you to know that he will NEVER find out about that. Even if he did, I would tell him the truth and that because of you, I am alive still. And sure, he is like a father to me, so as far as grilling you  and being over protective, just as a father would, I'm sure he's going to love you. Because I love you and you make me happy. And really, that's all he's ever wanted." I assure Hunter.

           He smiles at me in relief and then places his hand on the side of my face and looks into my eyes.

           "I love you so much. And I can't wait for the day when I give you my last name and you bless me with beautiful and strong kids." He tells me, making my heart melt.

          I smile back at him while looking into his eyes.

          "And I can't wait for that neither. As well as growing old with you and watching our kids have theirs and spending the rest of my life with you." I tell him as his arms begin getting tighter around my waist and then us both leaning in to kiss each other on the lips.

         After making out for a little bit, and of course having him fuck me on his desk, we then get ourselves cleaned up and he takes me out to dinner.

          So even though I may be entering the life I thought I could leave behind, I know everything will be okay because I have him. And we have each other. And NOTHING or NOBODY, will ever defeat us.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)