CHAPTER 16: And So It Starts

CARRIE

A few days after having dinner with my uncle, right away, I noticed Hunter and his guys were trying to prepare and get ready for the huge take down of Tanner and his crew once and for all.

More than anything, I was more afraid that I was going to lose Hunter.

Both my uncle and Hunter, told me that I needed to stay at his house when everything went down. That he was going to try and get Tanner to meet him somewhere to go over a business deal.

In which of course I tried to fight it. But I couldn't win. Both of them said no and I knew better than to argue any further with either one of them.

Today, since the last few days he's been busy and tired. I finally had had enough to where I asked him if he'd like to take a break and go do something with me and relax. But of course, he said no.

So I decided that I needed to at least go to the store.

Though after grabbing my car keys and purse, I hear him call out to me.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"To the store. We need more things to eat and some other supplies." I reply.

"Why don't you let Scott go get it? You need to stay here." He says in a demanding tone.

"No. I need to get out of this house and get some air." I say.

He looks at me for a moment then let's out a breath.

"Fine. But take Scott with you." He suggests.

"Why don't you go with me?" I suggest since it's been a while that I've been alone with him. Or with him even, for that matter.

"Because I can't. I need to stay here and help finish up with a few things. But I promise, that tonight, you and I can have some alone time." He says to me as he walks up to me and places one of his hands on the side of my face and then leans in to kiss me.

"Okay." I tell him.

"Okay." He says with a smile. "I promise I will make it worth it." He smiles at me.

"You better." I tease him with a smile and another kiss.

He gives me one more kiss. Then we hear Scott come in behind us.

"Eeewwww. Gross." He jokes.

"Oh shut up." Hunter tells him while rolling his eyes.

"Come on. Let's get going." Scott laughs.

"Alright. I'll be back." I tell Hunter.

"And I'll be waiting." He tells me with a smile and a final kiss.

Then both Scott and I head out to the car.

*****************************************

We get to the store and start walking around and putting things in the cart.

"I know it's hard right now." Scott begins to say.

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"When Hunter works. But trust me, he's not used to having someone that loves him and that he loves also. But don't worry, I know he's making sure that you are safe for when this big fight with Tanner comes." He tells me.

"I know. But I'm just worried that if he doesn't come back. I mean really, what then? Would you be telling me the same thing?" I asked him while now, fighting back some tears.

"You know what? It doesn't matter. He's gonna do what he's gonna do cause it's his job. This is who he is. And as much as I love him and thought I could handle and deal with this lifestyle. I don't know. I just don't know anymore."

"Carrie." Scott begins but I cut him off.

"Please. Let me just think about enjoying the rest of the time I have with him, without worrying about if it's the last night with him or not." I ask Scott with pleading eyes.

"Okay." He says after looking at me for a brief moment with a sympathetic look upon his face.

"Now let's hurry up. I'm getting hungry." I tell him as I wipe the tears that have escaped from my eyes.

We finish up shopping and then headed home.

*****************************************

After we got home, we saw that Hunter and the rest of the guys weren't home.

Scott then called Hunter while I went into the kitchen to put everything away.

"Where the hell are you man?" I hear Scott ask Hunter over the phone.

"Ohhhhh. Okay. No problem, I promise I wont. Alright, we'll see ya soon." He says before hanging up.

"What did he say?" I asked him.

"I'm not telling you. It's a surprise. But what I will tell you, is that you are going to love it, you need to get dressed into something nice and that he has never done it with any other woman before." He smiles at me.

"Okay." I chuckled. "Well, I'm gonna go upstairs to take a shower and get dressed so i'll be ready." I tell him with a smile.

"Alright. I'll be down here." He says back as I begin heading upstairs and wondering what Hunter has in mind. Though it really wouldn't matter. He always has great surprises.

Once I was done with the shower, I put on my black silk slip and took my hair out of the clip that had been holding it up.

While trying to pick out what dress to wear, I suddenly hear groaning and grunting coming from downstairs. It sounded like Scott and a few other men.

I cautiously made my way towards the door and quietly opened it up and I hear shouting and then I hear people fighting.

As I slowly go towards the railing of the stairs and I see that Scott is being held as another guy is beating the shit out of him.

Then I suddenly see Tanner come walking through the front door and looks right up at me with a grin.

To where I right away turn around and head into the bedroom and lock the door as I run towards the bed and quickly grab my phone and try quickly calling Hunter to have him hurry to come home.

Though after the second ring, right as he answers and I begin to tell him what was happening, the door was kicked in by Tanner's guys and in walked Tanner and he grabbed me by the hair. Then made me drop the phone and began dragging me along with him towards downstairs to where he has one of his guys chloroform me. Then everything went dark.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)