CHAPTER 5: I'm So Stupid!

CARRIE

       After waking up this morning and getting ready to go out for the day, I'm not sure what made me think of it but I thought about asking Hunter if he wanted to join me.

       Though as soon as I opened up my front door, I saw him standing in front of me already, smiling.

        "Hey." I said.

         "Hey. Did I catch you at a bad time?" He asked.

         "No. Actually, I was gonna go see a movie and maybe grab a bite to eat afterwards and was thinking of asking you to see if you'd want to go with me or not." I say, feeling a little embarrassed that I just asked him out.

         "Well, actually..." he began. Which made me think that any second he was going to say no to me. But it surprised me with what he said. "I was about to see if you wanted to do something with me today also." He chuckles.

         "Really?" I ask surprised.

         "Yeah." He chuckles.

         "Well, if you wanna come with me you can." I smiled in reply.

         "Yeah. Just let me grab my keys." He says as he turns around and heads into his apartment for a few seconds before coming back out and us heading down towards his car.

         He was a gentleman and opened the door for me, then headed over to the drivers side and we began to take off.

*****************************************

         After pulling into the parking lot for the theaters, we got tickets to go see Kingsmen. Then we headed inside, got some drinks and snacks, then went to our seats.

        I couldn't wait to see this movie. I loved the first one and knew that this one was going to be just as good if not better.

       "I probably shouldn't be surprised that you chose this movie." He laughs a little bit.

       "What do you mean? The first one was awesome and the cast is amazing." I replied while eating some popcorn.

        "Well, yeah. Between the male actors you women all drool over and the action, I guess there's a little something for everybody." He smirks as he takes a drink of his water then grabs some popcorn.

        "Hey, first of all, not all women like movies like these for just the guys. Believe it or not, there are women out there that like watching action movies just as much as romance. And second of all, you don't need to be jealous." I tell him while sticking my tongue out a little bit in a teasing way.

       "I'd stick that tongue back in if I were you." He says while putting the rest of the popcorn in his hand in his mouth.

       "And why's that?" I ask playfully, but also seriously curious.

       "Well..." he begins as he turns and puts his arm around my shoulders then takes his other hand and lifts my chin up to look into his eyes.

        Then the next thing I know, he leans in slowly but not too slow and our lips meet each other's and we start kissing each other.

        He is an amazing kisser. For sure, the best I've had.

        I then start feeling his hand move its way up to the side of my face while still kissing me.

        The kiss was passionate, amazing and yet, still sexy as hell.

        When we pulled away a little from each other, smiled and before either one of us could say anything, the movie started.

       So we sat back, with his arm still over my shoulders and watched the movie.

        After the movie was over, we got into his car and began heading towards a small taco shop that I liked.

        Once we were finished eating, he wanted to take me to a lake where he told me he liked going to that was relaxing.

         So after getting in the car and we begin driving away, he gets a call.

        Before answering it, he looks at his phone and suddenly his face goes from smiling and looking happy, to now looking pissed off and ready to kill somebody.

         "Are you okay?" I asked him.

         "Just some business, that's all." He says.

          "Wanna talk about it?" I offer.

           "No. But we need to head back home. I got some shit I gotta take care of." He says as he quickly makes a u turn and speeds off.

           Suddenly, I feel scared. Almost like he wasn't really caring if rather or not we got into an accident or not.

           I wanted to tell him to slow down but yet, didn't want to piss him off even more. So I just screamed for dear life in my head.

          As soon as we pulled up to our apartments, we got out of the car and started heading upstairs with him still, not talking.

         Before he goes into his apartment I tell him, "I'll see you later?"

         "Yeah." Was all he said then he went inside his apartment, slamming his door shut behind him.

         Wow, I wonder if he's bipolar or something. Which that's a little scary cause the way he just snapped and as fast as he did, reminded me a lot of Tanner.

        For the next week, he ignored me. He wouldn't even say hi, smile or look at me.

        I began to think that maybe when I asked him out that it was a bad idea. And that I need to just forget about it. Forget about him.

         It was a good lesson. A good reminder of why I don't need to get involved with anybody at the moment.

        So I avoided going to the tattoo shop and would go just to and from work and the apartment.

       Then after two weeks had gone by and still, Hunter was ignoring me, a guy asked me if I wanted to hangout tonight. A guy whose hair I had cut. 

       So I said, 'yes.' And tonight we're going out. Well, hanging out. At least, that's the way I'm thinking of it as.

       He picked me up outside my apartment building and he took us at first to dinner, then we went walking around at an outside mall.

        Normally I hated malls, but with him, it wasn't so bad. In fact, we talked the whole time. He seemed really cool.

        However, when we returned back towards my apartment building, I felt that even though we had a lot of fun together, we weren't a good match for each other.

        We definitely could be good friends and he thought so too. So we said goodnight before I headed upstairs.

       All I could think of to be honest was Hunter. Even though he's been ignoring me and everything, I still thought about him and our kiss.

        Pathetic, I know. Which as I reach the top of the stairs, I suddenly feel as though I deserve to know why the hell he's ignoring me.

         Then right before walking towards his apartment, I saw his door open and right as I was about to say something, I stopped myself as I just stood there in shock and pain when I saw this girl come walking out of his apartment wearing the tightest dress I think, known to mankind.

        Well, guess I don't need to wonder if he liked me or not...........I'm so stupid!

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)