CHAPTER 17: It's My Fault

HUNTER

        As soon as I walked in through the door, I immediately saw Scott on the ground all bloodied up and groaning in pain.

         I immediately head on over and help pick him up and over towards the sofa.

         "Man, what the fuck happened?!" I asked him.

         "They....They came and took her." He says.

         "Who took her?" I asked him.

         "Tanner and his guys. They found her. I tried to fight them off, but I couldn't, there was too many. Then when I tried grabbing a gun, one of his guys had come out of nowhere and we got into a brawl." Scott tells me.

          Before I could say anything else, I heard my cell phone go off.

          "Yeah?!" I answered.

          "So you thought you and Big Jones could try and take me down?! Well guess what? You and that old man are both dead. Unless, you guys can give me MY money back to me, in exchange for her." He says.

           "Man, you got some balls to be thinking that you can fuck with Big Jones and his money. I also know, just how much of a little bitch you are and that you're bluffing. Because you know what will happen if you hurt his niece." I remind him.

           "You think I'm bluffing? Tell me. Does THIS sound like I'm fucking bluffing?!" He says as I suddenly hear the sound of Carrie screaming loudly in the background as though she's being tortured.

           "I swear to god, if you touch her." I begin but then am interrupted by him.

           "Silence!" He tells me. "You are in no position to telling me what to do. I will let you know in a couple of days, how much money I want as well as when and where to drop it off at."

           "I swear that you will not live long enough to..." I began but then again, was interrupted from him laughing and then him hanging up. Which just pissed me off even more.

           Right when I got off the phone, I throw my cell phone onto the coffee table that's in front of the couch, as I plop down onto the couch and grab my hair.

            "It's alright man. I promise we'll get her back." Scott assures me.

            "I want you to call everybody. And I mean everybody, including Big Jones' men and tell them to get ready for a fight." I tell him while fighting back tears.

             "Alright." Scott replies as he winces while getting up and holding his side and taking out his cell phone and begins calling people while I get up and head towards my office and try and think of a way to get Carrie back without her getting more hurt or worse.

           I hear my door being opened up and in walks Scott, holding my cell phone and handing it to me.

           "It's Big Jones." He tells me.

           I grab it, feeling too afraid that to tell him what's happened. I mean, how do I explain to him that his beloved niece has been kidnapped, especially after I promised him recently that I would protect her and never let anything happen to her.

           "Hello?" I answer.

           "I know what's happened." Big Jones begins to say.

            "Look, Sir, I..." I began but he stopped me.

           "There's no need to explain. It isn't your fault. But I will need your help in getting her back. Please, come stay with me in my home as we think of a plan in how to take him down. We obviously can't go with my original plan, so we need to think up a new one and fast." He tells me.

           "Yes Sir. I can be at your house tomorrow and will be bringing along some of my men as well." I tell him.

           "Alright. I'll see you tomorrow." He says.

           "See ya then." I tell them.

           We both then hang up and I look up at Scott who is standing across from me, looking at me with curiosity.

           "So, what did he say?" He asks me.

           "That he wants me and my men over at his place to think of a plan." I tell him.

          "Look, I know you're worried. But we will get her back. And Tanner, he's just a little bitch. And despite what he threatened you with, trust me, he is bluffing." He tells me.

           "It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if we think up of a good fool-proof plan. Still, she is being touched and fucking hurt right now and I have to stay back and wait to get her? This is so fucking stupid. It's my fault that you got hurt. It's my fault Tanner got her. If I had just paid more attention and spent more time with her, she would still be here with me and we would be getting together with her uncle to prepare the next part of his plan in taking down Tanner and his men." I say.

           "Dude, it's not your fault. But you can't think like this. You are way better than that." He tells me.

           "Yeah. I guess you're right." I tell him.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)