Battle for the Rings: Brothers

-Normal POV-

Chrome rushed to Namimori Middle. The battle has just began as everyone stood outside the battle arena which is located in the school field. The field was surrounded with a wire fence with gatling guns at the sides and mines buried in the ground, as explained by the Cervello. Hibari and Mosca are already inside the field, facing off with one another.

"Yo Chrome! You're late." Yamamoto greeted.

"How's Cielo? Why isn't he with you?" Natsu asked but Chrome ignored him and looked around the field frantically.

"No. Why's he not here...." She muttered softy under her breath but Reborn heard it.

"Is Cielo missing?" Reborn asked Chrome and the others gasped out loud.

"Missing?! What do you mean Reborn?" Natsu yelled.

"Shut up and listen dame-Natsu." Reborn growled out. "Chrome, where is he?"

Chrome looked away from Reborn's piercing eyes and fidgeted. "U-um.....T-this morning when I woke.......h-he was nowhere to be found....I-I thought....he would be here but he isn't." Chrome spoke softly and hesitantly.

"Hmm. Strange. My brother is also gone....." Natsu muttered and frowned. But since when? I haven't been paying attention to him lately so he might have been gone days ago and I might not have notice till now. Natsu thought sadly.

He had return home from training yesterday and stood outside his brother's door. He hesitantly knock on his door but didn't get a reply. He opened the door and noticed that the room was empty and has been for a while now. The bed was unused, dust was slowly gathering on the table and everything was untouched.

He didn't know what to say. His brother must have been avoiding him just like what he did all these years ago. He felt a stab of pain as he realized that. So.....this is how it feels to have someone you care about ignore you. Has he been feeling this way for all these years?

But he didn't have any more time to brood on it as the battle for the rings is still ongoing. He pushed the matter aside for now as he trained with Reborn and when he was finally ready, Reborn had allowed him to head here to watch the cloud battle.

Reborn was skeptical. Cielo's missing? What's he up to now? He doubt a #1 hacker like him would end up dead or kidnapped but he had a nagging suspicion at the back of his head, telling him something's not right. It isn't as strong as the Vongola Primo's intuition, but he trusted it anyway. Something's bad is coming.....I just hope Natsu's ready.

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

*Boom*

The gigantic Mosca fell to the ground with a loud thud. With just one strike, Hibari had tore off it's arm and dealt at least 10 solid hits to it in the span of a second.

Everyone watching this was speechless. Even for the Varia. Hibari had a complete Cloud ring in his hands before anyone knew it. He had won.

"I don't need this." He said and threw the ring to the Cervello. "You-" He pointed his tonfa at Xanxus, who was sitting on his throne. "-Come down and face me. Until I bite you to death, I will not be satisfied."