The Arcobaleno Trials: Verde's Trial?

-Normal POV-

A deep classic villain laughter rang out from out of nowhere. Seconds later, something metallic emerged from the seas.

Verde-the Lightning Arcobaleno-emerged inside a green dome-shaped pod from below the sea.

"Bearers of the Vongola Rings, are you enjoying yourselves?" Verde said in a smug tone.

"Verde! What's the meaning of this?!" Lal shouted angrily at him.

"That's Verde?!" Natsu exclaimed. "So fighting these things is part of his trial?"

"Trial? That means nothing to me. I am always trying to reach new levels in my research. Everything in this world serves as a test subject of mine and exists only to complete my research." Verde laughed and look amusingly at Natsu. "Yes, even the Vongola Rings are no exception."

"You won't get off lightly if you break the Arcobaleno Pact!" Lal yelled angrily.

"Arcobaleno Pact? I could care less about that. I just need the Vongola Rings for my research. So I'll need you to hand them over."

At this Reborn and the rest tensed. The Arcobaleno pact is created and followed by all 7 Arcobaleno in order for them to find a way to return them to normal. Breaking the Pact is no small matter and Verde has just declared he didn't care about the Pact. Reborn and the others won't sit still now.

"Hm? I don't see the guardians of the Cloud and Lightning around." Verde smirked. He took out a remote and pressed a button, controlling the projectiles above.

Natsu saw two of the chess pieces projectiles break off from the group and away in two different directions. He tried going after it but he was too slow to stop it. It flew away before he could stop it. He have an inkling of where it's heading to and feared for his guardian's safety, but right now, he can't afford to let his attention wander. He have other things to worry about.

The Vongola team glared at the green Arcobaleno with distaste. They worked so hard to obtain their rings through overcoming the Ring Conflict. They are not going just hand it over to some crazed scientist who only wanted to use them for his research. If this is not a trial, they see no need to hold themselves back from going all-out. However, all of them are exhausted from the previous trial, they are not sure how they're going to get through this.

Natsu glanced down at the ground where his friends are fighting and he was concerned about them. He could see all of them panting with exhaustion and their flames are getting weaker by the minute. At this rate, they'll run out of flames and lose their way of fighting. They can't fight without their flames.

All the while when Natsu was pondering on what to do, he failed to see the army of chess pieces and starfishes flying towards him. A few of them tried to strike him while he's off guard but the attack never came.

Next thing Natsu knew, a shot rang out and a familiar bullet flashed past his face, missing him by a few inches but striking his enemies directly.

"Pay attention Dame-Natsu. Do you want to die?" Reborn scolded.

"Sorry..." Natsu mumbled. What am I doing? I shouldn't be letting my guard down during a fight! And in front of Reborn no less! He chided himself and boosted himself towards the enemies, proceeding to strike them with a series of kicks and punches.