Marina's Private Log #4254

We've sent the new hacker to Europa, another Ava model, number 11, I believe. His first mission. I wonder what the ultimate weapon we're looking for will end up being.

Number 12 is waiting for transfer here in the bay and I can't help but feel bad for him. He'll wake up in a day's time without realising it'll be the first time he's ever opened his eyes. The eternal lie I'm forced to feed the Block-2 units.

Every time.

It still sickens me, when I had to do it with all the other models. I wonder if the Sylvie model knows. I wonder if she has any inkling of what her past was before she was repurposed.

Who knows? I'll never subject myself to the copy-AI system, so I'll never really understand how it feels to be me but in another body.

Or rather, how that other me in a new body would feel.

Jeez, it really boggles the mind.

The network has been hacked again, hopefully when Ava-12 is activated he can help me investigate, I don't know, it depends on the type of person he is.

Some kind of being, something far more powerful than the security systems we have in place now has been able to dig deep into our archives, deeper than I ever know the archives went.

Who or what is it?

I've tried to raise this with the other Block-1s but they just ignore me.

The lack of respect is infuriating. Foolish and stuck-up as always, they don't recognise a threat when it's right there in front of my face, it's always up to me to clean up their mess.

There's something messing with the network.

Something.

How it gained access, how it's so damn powerful, how much information it's gathered already.

I need to know.

I need to know what this being is.

If Ava-12 can't help me I might be forced to use Sylvie-11, which I'm not particularly looking forward to, but at least I know her well enough.

I'll give it a while, see if I can trust either of them.

This will be my private mission. I can't help but feel like there's something sinister lurking in the background of this all. Something everyone has been hiding from me for a long time.

Author's Note: To be clear, this note was written during Ava's first mission, several years back. I'll find a way to make it clearer in an edit. Let me know if it was conveyed enough in the log or whether I should make it clearer :)