Chapter 8

Quote:
"Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you no matter what."

Chapter 8
Andrea's pov

There was one month left until my mother gets married to the love of her life. Finally she'll be happy which will eventually make me happy, I hope.

I never really knew what my mother saw in my dad. He didn't have a very clean face or a nice smile or even nice teeth let alone his demeanour.

I guess she was naive and young after all my mother did get married at 21.

For the second time she was going to get married and hopefully she'll stay happy.

It's been nearly five year's since they got the divorce and I'm happy that my mother's finally moving on, ready to make a new family with Frank.

I haven't really had the chance to get to know Frank. He did just move in a year ago since they met almost two years ago.

Frank had proposed to my mother nearly 5 months ago and well the proposal was the cutest proposal I've ever witnessed.

He had it all planned. They went skydiving and when they reached the bottom, she looked up and saw the ring on the parachute which was when he proposed.

Frank has no kids and has never been married. But I know that he'll be way a way better father than my old one, knowing that he no longer has the right to be called a father.

"Andy, Jake! Come down a second please." My mother calls out from the bottom of our spiral staircase.

"Ok, mum!" We both scream back before heading downstairs.

We both race downstairs and make out way to the living room where my mother and Frank were both sitting.

"Take a seat, both of you." My mum says before we both place our bottoms on the sofa.

"What's this about?" I ask inquisitively.

"Well me and Frank were talking and well, I want to ask if you would be my maid of honour" my mum askd.

"Really, mum?" I ask again just to be sure.

"Yes, I wouldn't want anyone else to do the honours, and well your Aunt Carol already had the chance to do it the first time." She explains to me.

"Thank you so much mum." I thank her one last time.

"What do I have to do with any of this?" Jake says before placing his phone in his pocket.

"Well, that's where I step in. I was wondering if you could be my best man." Frank asks Jake waiting patiently for an answer.

"Really, Frank?" Jake says surprisingly.

"Yeah, I really want us guys to come together as a new family." He says making me ponder on the subject.

"Thanks." Jake says as they both stand up and do on of those manly hugs.