Chapter 42

Quote:
"You never know how much someone means to you until their gone."

Chapter 42
Andrea's pov

He knew that I was avoiding him. I tried my best not to make it obvious but I think he knew.

The past few days I made the effort to stay away from Zach, just as Rhianna had threatened me. I avoided him at all costs. In the morning's, I avoided him. In school, I avoided him. It wasn't an act of conscience rather an act of compulsion. One which was killing me slowly.

I really didn't want to do any of these things however I was choosing my family over Zach. In order to keep them safe, I had to keep my distance from Zach.

"Hey Andrea!" I heard his voice from the window.

"Yup." I replied casually as I finished tying my laces to my adidas trainers.

"Who's car are we taking today?" He asked hoping that we would actually ride together.

"Do you mind if I ride alone. I just need to run some errands before school." I fib.

God knows how many lies I had told him these past few days.

"Sure.." he replies wearly, confused by my response.

"Are we fine? It's just that you've been avoiding me lately. Have I done anything..?" I didn't let him complete his sentence.

"No you haven't done anything." I partially answer his questions.

"Then why are you avoiding me?" I knew he wanted to know but I couldn't tell him.

"I'm not. Anyways, I have to get going. See you in school." I plaster on a smile and shut the window rapidly before he could grill me any longer.

I drive to school and by coincidence, Zach and I just happened to reach school at the same time.

Damn you, universe.

"I thought you had errands to run?" He asked.

"I do. After school, which is why I needed my car." I come up with the stupidest lie.

I swear my lie count for today is probably already so high.

"But didn't you say it was before school?" He was trying to get me to fess up.

"Did I? I meant after." I quickly say before grabbing his hand and pulling him to the others.

"What took you guys so long?" Ethan asked.

"Probably just traffic." I say as I feel Zach's hand clasp mine and interlace his soft fingers with mine.

I couldn't help but feel happy. This was the first intimate contact we've had since a few days.

"Hey Zach." I hear the high pitched voice of Rhianna Oscuro.

As soon as I hear her voice I immediately unclasp my hand and let go of Zach's hand. He looks over to me and gives me a confused look but I just look away.

The Bad Boys Little TomboyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara