14.

-King

One week later...

I know I said I was going to come back later that day to check on Kai, but I had to make up for K.O. ass.

I couldn't even mad, that was his blood. But while I was away, I sent flowers, and would come by just to look at her... Lil mama looked bad and the nigga that did this shit had to pay with his life. I hired Simi to track down this mf.

Simi could find out shit about a mufucka whole life within 24 hours. He did contract killings to, but this one here I wanted.

I walked into Kai's hospital room and walked over to her bed. I held her hand and sat in the empty seat next to her.

I started talking to her hoping she could here me, "Babygirl, wakeup... I need you to wakeup so I can get to know you and make you all mine.. My name is King, but my real name is Keith." I looked over at her and then put my head back down. "You been making it hard for me to get you ma, but I aint gonna stop til you mine." I said and kissed her hand.

"We'll see about that" she said with a hoarse voice. I looked at her surprised, and she as looking right back at me.

"Shit, hold on ma lemme grab the doc." I said as I ran out the room looking for her doctor.

I told the doctor and followed him back in the room, he started asking her questions and I called K.O.

"Hello?" he said sounding like he had just got up.

"Nigga get here, your sis just woke up" I said

"On my way." he said hanging up.

----------------------------------------------

-Kai

After hearing Nessa scream for me, everything went black. I was in this all white place, and heard my mom calling my name.

"Kai, babygirl? How are you" she said.

"Ma? Where are you?!?" I replied.

"You cant see me baby, but know Im here."

"Am I dead?" I asked her, my mom had passed away a while back... I knew that if I was able to hear and talk to her that I must've been where she was.

"No baby, but you are hurt bad..."

"Ma, I miss you... I'd rather just be with you.."

"Kai, you can't give up now.. You have came a long way. Im so proud of you... I see you left Jamal. This is why you're sad?"

"Yes.. he was my world... idk what I did wrong."

"Baby, he isn't ready... but when he is... you'll have moved on by then."

"I will never love anyone else!"

"Kaidyn Carson, you cannot go without love just because one man didn't value his treasure. You may be sad for a while, but know that for every dark night, there's a brighter day. You are queen, but will always be my princess."

"I love you mama."

She said "I love you too." but her voice faded away.

I heard someone talking, but couldn't open my eyes to see who it was. The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't put a name to the voice.

"Babygirl, wakeup... I need you to wakeup so I can get to know you and make you all mine.. My name is King, but my real name is Keith... You been making it hard for me to get you ma, but I aint gonna stop til you mine."

He kissed my hand and my body allowed me to open my eyes... my body was in hella pain. I looked over to see who was talking to me and it was that darkskinned man that was trying to talk to me the night I broke up with Jamal.. and the same nigga that was talking on stage at the club. Why was he here?

"We'll see about that" I said. He looked so shocked and went to get my doctor.

When he came back, the doctor was with him and he started asking me questions and If I could feel him touching me. I nodded my head and he told me that he was going to have the nurse take off my oxygen and feeding tube.

After the nurse came in and took all the tubes off of me, K.O. and Keenan came in.

"Hey sis" Keenan said coming to me and kissing my forehead.

I smiled and looked at K.O.

"Don't scare me like that no more Kai." he said and hugged me.

I looked at King and asked with my hoarse voice, "Why are you here?"

He looked at me and said, "I brought you here... and like I said you'll be mine. So I had to come and check on you"

"Im not looking to belong to someone else for a long time..." I said

"We'll see about that" he said mocking me.

Over the next 2 weeks I had been moved to a regular room... and had physical therapy every other day. I had Nessa bring me my laptop and books so that I could try and catch up to the work I knew I had. Luckily all of my teachers felt bad and knew what kind of student I was. They excused the work I had while I was in the hospital.

It was the day that I got out of the hospital and K.O. was coming to pick me up because Keenan had court today.

When he came in the room, I had already had my belongings packed, signed my release papers and was ready to go. This hospital was starting to get depressing.

"Ready to go?" he asked

"Hell yeah" I said as I got up and limped to my wheelchair.

K.O. grabbed my bags and pushed me down to his car.

I got in and he put my bags in.

He pulled off and started driving in the direction to his house.

"K.O. where you going, my school is the other way."

"You really think Im gonna let you live in that dorm when mfs shooting at you cause of Jamal?" He chuckled and kept driving

Jamal had been on my mind, over the 2 weeks, I wondered why he hadn't been to see me.

"Why didn't he come to see me?" I said looking down

"Who? Jamal?" he said.

"Yeah" I said low

"I told that bitch mf to kick rocks, and I had security tight on your room and told them he couldn't come 12 feet within your fucking room." he said angrily

"Oh..." I said sadly.

"Look sis, I know that was your first or whatever the fuck, but its time you let him go. FR. He the reason you got shot up, mfs was trying to hurt him by killing you... You don't need to be with that type of nigga." he said staring at me while at a red light.

I looked up at him, "I know, I know... I was just wondering where he was K.O. that its" I said looking out the window.

It was time that I let him go, for sure this time... He had hurt me mentally, emotionally, and now because of him physically. It was really time to focus on me and nothing else.