Ch-13 A queer mixture of Reality and Romance

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                      -Aameen.

Dedicated to lollypop_sweety for she is sweeter than loads of lollypops ;)

Chapter Thirteen

A queer mixture of Reality and Romance

Dubai, U.A.E.

Maryam looked around the airport with resentment mixed with relief. Though she was dressed in a simple top and faded jean, there were no lack of admiring glances from the people who passed by her, as she stood there presenting a pretty figure unaware of her shining dark eyes and gleaming auburn hair.

Only the turbulence of her heart would have revealed that her eyes shone not because of excitement but of deep anger and repressed tears. For at present she was angry with the whole world, particularly with all the men including Sufyaan. Her fists were tightly clenched as she looked with burning gaze around the airport. It was yielding to her father’s persuading arguments that she had finally agreed to take this ship’s cruise. But their parting had not gone well. She did not like for a single second how Sufyaan had stood there alone with a brave smile pasted on his face waving goodbye and wishing her a happy time while she knew in her heart he would be far from happy.

Only the fear that Sophia and the others would think her as childish or foolish held her back from rushing into Sufyaan’s arms and declaring that the cruise of Costa Atlantica may go hang for all she cared!

Then she had to endure the nearly twenty four hours flight journey. Her mind was almost numbed while her body ached in the rest of the places where it was not stiff or cramped.

Yet Maryam would not have minded all that much as her eyes started to drink in all the new sights and experiences but an hour or two in the flight beside a middle-aged man was enough for her to wish that she had never undertaken this journey, to wish that she should have never yielded to Sufyaan’s persuading.

Her anger slowly started to smolder and brew as the man who was nearly her father’s age kept ‘accidentally’ touching her and apologizing with a slick smile behind which Maryam knew was not an iota of penitence.

Though Maryam was not a stranger to these things, still it was not like she was used to such perverted behaviour from a creepy stranger for nearly a whole day.

For he gave her creeps, Maryam’s heart admitted as her skin crawled every time his fingers brushed or pressed against her ‘accidentally’.

It took a lot of her self-control to not shout or hit him hard. And the knowledge that he seemed to be aware of her discomfort and enjoying it too only increased her fury until she became deeply angry even with Sufyaan. For it was because of him that she had taken this hell of a journey.

 And now as she finally stood there with her smoldering dark eyes and clenched fist, she suddenly became aware of the people’s gazes and threw all the men murdering glances pushing her luggage trolley and hurrying away with the one wish of hiding somewhere before embarking on the ship in the evening. Her words spoken to Sophia not a month back …I like being admired were long forgotten. For now, her angry response would be …I hate being admired!