Ch-19 Entangled in the throes of Passion...

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                                       -Aameen.

Dedicated to xx_smiley  for declaring courage to ace a test based on IYL’s characters  ;)

Chapter Nineteen

Entangled in the throes of Passion…  

The deep carpet muffled the furious thud-thud-thud of the shoes as Alex paced the length of his cabin like a caged predator. On top of the jumbled emotions and feelings that he was vainly trying to sort was the irritation in finding the cabin not large enough to pace and vent his throbbing sensations freely, which was a gross injustice considering how this was one of the Grand suites of Costa Atlantica. Still one could not blame him, for this became nothing when compared to his apartment’s study where he paced during moments of unrest.

Alex could not forget the captioned words of the poster. He tried to forget or at least subdue these new exquisitely fierce emotions of his beating heart. Breathing shakily, he commanded his mind to think, to go back, to see what this is he had now gotten himself into.

Who is this woman who seemed to have the power of swaying him without intending to in the least? For she neither looked at him nor sought him, heck not even cared whether he existed or not! Then what was he, Dr. Alex Montex doing and behaving like a fool about? For God’s sake, he had not even seen her face yet!

But at that moment, his mind immediately seemed to see the large deep brown eyes twinkling with frank laughter making Alex swore and rub his own distressed blue ones in a futile effort to forget them.

Go back, go back he muttered through clenched teeth and again commanded his mind roughly to try to think why the fu** he had first come to this da** ship! For it was not as if he had never seen women in completely covered abayas before. Yet when he had come across them during his travels or when browsing in the net etc, it was only to look at them with curious pity or wonder about them, then promptly forgetting them after that.

Yet it seemed the opposite in her case, he had heard her voice talking, teasing and laughing, the next day he had looked at her, and after that, he thought only about it. Maybe her language had the charm to linger in his mind long after she was gone or maybe her soft voice cast the spell or maybe it was the way she spoke that enchanted him, whatever it was, he could not forget it.

To Alex, this admission of his heart only seemed to infuriate him more as he once again desperately searched the cause of his coming here. It finally rested upon…Wilson! It had been his da** surprise…still no one could have made him go if not for his own decision that restless evening. Suddenly, Alex seemed to remember why he came to Dubai and for the first time in the past ten minutes, he unconsciously paused in his pacing as he saw the scene of his best friend Michael passing away. A shocked surprise went through him when he realized how the ghastly images of Michael haunted him no more. For he realized now, it was because his mind had become interested in learning about Islam (which was what Michael had wished) while as for his heart, it had become interested in learning about her. The restless pacing began again as Alex now surmised he had been behaving foolishly about this woman.