- 14 -

A/N: Hey guys sorry for the long ass hiatus I had. I'll be having another vacation again so hopefully I'd be able to update daily this time.

Note: (Y/UN) - your username

- - - - - - - - - -

A smile crept on your lips as you had your victory, defeating the other players in the online game you were playing.

"Y/N! It's past your usual dinner time already! What are you even busy on?" You heard your mother nagging from the dining room.

"It's nothing! Give me a minute!" You replied back and closed your laptop, immediately leaving your room and going downstairs before your mother dares to hunt you down in your room.

You also wonder why, at your age, you're still addicted to playing games, an online game at that.

You feel so happy whenever you knock out and defeat the other players in the said game. In fact, you even top the rankings.

Despite defeating everyone else, you actually had a friend.

His name is Hoseok.

He was very friendly and he never got mad at you no matter how many times he had defeated you. He sometimes even joined servers with you just to help you gain more points.

After eating, you went back inside your room,

resuming the game.

- - - - - - - - - -

You knocked out the opponents one by one, the number of players in the server rapidly decreasing.

Knocked out: 9..

13..

18..

21..

"One more..," you said in your head as you motioned your character to look around the area.

You decided to run towards a certain building, not expecting a sudden gunshot coming from the side, hitting your character on the shoulder.

As your character turned to the direction, you saw a figure from a far, making him barely noticeable, so you can't really target the player.

Your attention turned immediately turned to the chat box, when a message suddenly appeared,

jkjeon: Bye bye, loser ;)

GAME OVER.
[ eliminated by: jkjeon ]
- - - - -
[ champion streak over ]

"F*cker," screamed the word in your mind.

You were very close to crushing your keyboard, tightly clenching your fists.

"Bullsh*t," you whispered in your breath. "Bullsh*t, bullsh*t, bullsh*t!" You started screaming out of anger.

"Y/N, what the hell is going on there?" You heard footsteps coming from the staircase.

"Someone defeated me, mom! DEFEATED ME!"

Your mom entered the room, a blank expression plastered on her face.

"C'mon, Y/N. It's just a game, you can win again!"

"But not over that guy!" You insisted. "How am I supposed to encounter him again? I need to defeat him! That jkjeon crackhead!"

Your mother just sighed and hummed in reply, trying to respond to your tantrums.

"Look at the rankings!" You pointed on your screen, particularly on the second place. "I was originally on top! But that crackhead took my f*cking place!" You angrily dragged your finger on the username of the first place.