1. The Accident

(Image Credit: Pokemon Bulbapedia, edited by me) 

"Y/N! Can you get the phone?"

At a young age, living in Kanto, Y/N was always happy. Nothing bad seems to happen in this region. Ever since Team Rocket has mysteriously disappeared however, everything was very peaceful and calm. Wild pokemon can finally breathe again, and so can she. She was worried about Lapras, her only friend. The pokemon would wait for Y/N everyday in the morning by the river near their home, greeted by head pats and delicious berries. 

It would get boring and lonely though back at home. Mom and Dad wouldn't be around much due to working late hours, so she and her brother, Sun, mostly rely on each other and do chores around the house. No one in the family had a pokemon besides dad, a Machamp that they all called Drury because he was sweet and caring, usually looking after Y/N and Sun.

Y/N ran to the phone, fearing that the call would end. She grabbed it and answered. "Hello? Oh! Uncle Terry! How's your day? Huh? What's wrong?..." Sun then came walking by, carrying a basket full laundry to do. He noticed his sister's expression and looked at her weirdly.

"What's with that face sis? Is Uncle Terry telling you his jokes again?"  

She didn't respond. Instead, she dropped the phone with a expressionless face. "...Sis?," asked Sun worriedly. Y/N turned towards her brother, tears in her eyes.

"Mom and Dad are in the hospital, and I don't think its a joke."

Few Weeks Later

Sun laid on the couch boringly, flipping through TV channels that haven't gotten his interest. Y/N stared at him annoyingly, but she couldn't blame him. Ever since their parents died, they have been living with their Uncle Terry, who said something about them moving. It worried both of them, fearing that the word "moving" would mean them going to another region. 

Suddenly, Uncle Terry burst through the front door, smiling while holding some papers. Sun and Y/N glanced at each other. He walked towards them, taking off his hat. 

"I have good new guys!"

He pointed to the papers, placing them down on the coffee table. "You'll be moving to the Alola region, under the guardian ship of friend of mine that has relationships with the family tree. You never met him, but he's a pokemon professor! His name is Professor Kukui, and when you first get to Alola, he'll give you a pokemon. He's a great guy, trust me!"  Sun stared at Uncle Terry with a uncertain look on his face. "...The Alola region?"  Y/N shook her head, feeling a bit betrayed. "But what about Machamp and Lapras? We can't leave them here, we been living in Kanto our whole lives!"  Uncle Terry sighed and placed his hand on her head.

"Machamp will be living here with me, and sadly you can't take Lapras. Turns out, she belongs to a trainer that lives on the other side of the river. Things will and have changed, kid."

He scratched his head, ignoring Y/N's reaction. He coughed, looking around. He finally turned towards the siblings.

"Well, grab some things and say your goodbyes. We'll be leaving tomorrow morning."