13. The Teammate

(Image Credit: Your Friend Tyler on ArtStation)

Gladion and his Lycanroc glared at Team Skull. "You think you're powerful with those Tauros? Pathetic,"  said Gladion irritated. Tupp laughed and pointed at him while his friends pulled out their pokeballs. "We might as well get off so we can get a closer look when you lose!,"  he said determined. Rapp smirked, her Golbat flying besides her. She turned to Gladion.

"Let's see if you can go against the three of us."  

Gladion stared at them cautious, Lycanroc looking back at his trainer.

These guys might be idiots, but they have strong pokemon. Not sure if I can-

"Gladion! Hold on!"

Y/N's voice interrupted his thoughts. He turned around confounded, his eyes widening at  the sight of her. She smiled in a bumptious way and stood next  to him, gloating and showing off her Z-Ring at him. "Before you say anything,"  she quickly stated, "I'm going to help you fight Team Skull and you'll agree to it. I want my revenge on these people from that night."  Gladion stared at her and sighed, shaking his head. 

"...For crying out loud. If anything happens to you, it's not my fault."  

Zipp noticed who Y/N was and nervously tugged on Tupp's  shirt  to grab his attention. "H-hey Tupp, I think that girl is from that one night we were messing around and ran into Gladion."  He looked at Zipp confusedly and turned towards her, his face suddenly becoming white. Rapp rolled her eyes, paying her attention to her Golbat. She turned to them angrily and impatiently. "Who cares if she's that girl from that night! Let's battle already!"  Tupp glanced at her and nodded, glaring at Gladion. He felt determined to beat him.

"Time to put you in your place Gladion! Go Salazzel!"

Gladion grumbled under his breath and sent out Lycanroc to fight, Popplio jumping off of Y/N's arms. She looked at Popplio and grinned excitedly.

Tupp clenched his fist. "Salazzel, Venoshock!"  Salazzel fires globs of poisonous liquid from its back at Popplio. Lycanroc quickly reacts, looking back at Gladion determined. "Stone Edge!,"  he shouts. "Use it to block the poison and attack!"  Lycanroc nods and runs in front of the small pokemon who covered its eyes fearful. Y/N stared in awed as Lycanroc's body starts to glow red and suddenly multiple pointed rocks appears in front of Salazzel, sending it launching in the air.

Rapp flinches and frowns angrily. "M-my cute Golbat, use Bite!"  Golbat flies towards Lycanroc and proceeds to bite it in the shoulder repeatedly. "Quickly Popplio, Water Gun!," shouts Y/N worried. Popplio nods and releases a powerful stream of water from its mouth aimed at Golbat who backs off from Lycanroc and glares at  the pokemon irritated. 

Distracted, Lycanroc quickly bites down hard on Golbat's wing and hurls the pokemon to the ground violently, causing it to faint in the process. 

Rapp shrieks. "M-my cute pokemon!"  She turned towards Zipp frustrated.

"DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR TRASH!" 

Zipp quickly nods and turns to his Garbodor.  "G-Garbodor, use Sludge Bomb on them!"  Garbodor nods and violently shots toxic sludge towards Popplio and Lycanroc who dodge it barely.

Gladion and Y/N looked at each other quickly, realizing what  to do. He glares at Team Skull.

"...Lycan-"

Suddenly she runs towards the battle, her Z-Ring flaring. Gladion froze and quickly yells for her to come back. "What in the hell are you doing?! Come back here Y/N!"  She turned to him and smirks, her Popplio barking excitedly. 

Lana showed me how to do the pose for this Z-Crystal before giving it  to me. I think I can get it!

She takes out the Waterium Z and puts it inside the Z-Ring slot, blue aura starting to surround her. "Here goes nothing!"  She takes a deep breath and does the pose with her arms in a swinging motion, symbolizing a ocean of waves. Popplio glances at Y/N and copies her, also being surrounded by the aura. 

Everyone stares as a body of water surrounds Popplio. The pokemon then swims inside of it ,becoming covered in a light blue torrent. Popplio swims in a circle excitedly, realizing that a vortex was being created. 

Popplio barked happily and sent  the vortex towards Garbodor who stared up at  the little pokemon terrified. 

Sorry for not uploading much. My wrist starts to hurt when I type for a long period of time and when I write down ideas. I'll probably take a break or somethin. Cheers.