10. Berry Thief Problem

(Image Credit: NovayaCM on DeviantArt)

Y/N ran after the Lycanroc who had stolen the prize off of Professor Kukui. The pokemon looked behind itself realizing that it was being followed. They ran through a crowd who were confused and stunned. "Excuse me! Sorry!," shouted Y/N. She was trying to catch up to the Lycanroc who ran inside the forest near the city.

This pokemon is fast, but where is it going? Why did it steal the prize?

She found herself lost while she looked around for the pokemon. She was not familiar with this part of the deep forest, and Y/N could hear all sorts of cries made by pokemon. After a while however, she spotted the Lycanroc who was heading towards a small cave that led nowhere. Carefully she walked towards the pokemon but stepped on a branch, which made Lycanroc's head shot up alert. The pokemon noticed it was Y/N and backed up, uncertain.

"...H-hey," she said calmly, trying not to stress out the pokemon. "Would you mind if you gave that back? My brother and I worked for that."  The Lycanroc stared at her, and then placed the bag on the ground. It looked up again at her and started walking deeper into the cave. Y/N noticed a small pile of berries sat there, looking dull and bad. 

Lycanroc glanced at her, hoping to make a deal. Y/N seemed to understand. She kneels down and smiles concern towards it. "Do you want food? Is that what you want? If I get you a malasada, will you give me back the bag?"  Lycanroc however shook its head and started walking away, looking back at her. They stared at each other quietly, before Y/N laughed awkwardly.

"...Uh, do you want me to follow you?..."

Surprisingly, the pokemon nodded.

"Where are we going?"  

They have been walking for a long time, and Y/N wondered if the others would get worried. Finally, they stopped walking and Lycanroc growled, ducking behind the bushes. She did the same and looked around confusedly. "Why are we hiding?," she whispered. Suddenly, an Alolan Persian and a Salandit appeared in front of them. Y/N quickly hid further down, surprised and curious. 

The Persian laid lazily on the ground while the Salandit seemed to dig up something. Y/N saw berries being pulled out, and a lot of them. The pokemon then carried the berries towards the Persian who meowed happily. She saw the Salandit feed the pokemon which made Lycanroc growl angrily, making Y/N a bit concerned.

"Lycanroc, stop making such noise!," she whispered worriedly. 

All of a sudden a loud thud that made everyone jump turned towards the sound. Y/N saw Gladion on the floor rubbing his head, leaves on his hair. He groaned in pain and saw her, quickly getting up embarrassingly. He narrowed at her, his face red. She stared at Gladion.

"...Y-you're that guy from that night," said Y/N indecisive. He nodded awkwardly, now putting his focus on the Alolan Persian and Salandit who glared at everyone dangerously. "Get behind me, Y/N. Let me deal with this," Gladion said serious. Unsure, she got behind him as the enemies got closer to them, Gladion and the wild Lycanroc glaring at the pokemon. 

Y/N said nothing, staring at Lillie's mysterious brother.