27. I Love You more then Malasadas

(Image Credit: Chibiterasuchan on zerochan)

(Long Chapter)

Gladion knocks on Professor Kukui's  door hesitantly. He and Y/N had agreed to hang out today and head over to the Malasada Shop. It  took him a while to get here however due to Lillie not  trusting him around her ever since the recent...accident. But he got here fortunately, and he was going to make his time worth by spending a little bit of  time with the person he loves.

 ...This is the least I can do after what happened at Po Town.

He knocks again and waits. He could hear loud footsteps coming towards the door in which the door finally swings opens. Gladion politely smiles as he thought Y/N would be the one to answer. His prediction was wrong however as he looked up surprised.

Blue stood there, glancing at Gladion oddly as the blonde trainer stared at him dumbfound.

"...Can I help you? If you're  looking for that Professor Kukui guy, he's out right now,"  Blue states. Gladion quickly raises his hands and shakes his head. 

"N-no! I'm looking for-"

"Oh wait, you must be a fan! Yep, I'm one of Kanto's  champ-..."

"...-wait, how did you know that I was  staying here?!"

Before Gladion can try to even explain, Y/N pulls Blue away from the door who gave the blonde trainer a dirty look before being sent away. She sighs and gives Gladion an apologetic look.

"S-sorry about  that. I was helping out old Red with something so this idiot got  to the door first. Anyway, shall we get going?"

As the trainers made their way to the city, Gladion could not stop thinking about his surprising encounter. "Why were the champions of Kanto inside Professor Kukui's  home? Are you related to one of them?,"  he asks still bewildered. Y/N glances at him uncertain. She hugs Popplio tightly.

"...They were just visiting us since their vacation happened to be in Alola. And yeah...Blue is our cousin. A terrible one especially."  Before they can continue talking any further, a shoulder harshly bumps into Gladion's. He turns around displeased to unfortunately see who it was.

Riku groans irritated and turns around to glare at him. "Well well well, look who it is! The emo boy with his bad haircut. My day has been ruined...except  that sweet Y/N is here to brighten it up!,"  he exclaims. He gives her a cheery smile which makes Gladion roll his eyes.

"Would you knock it off Riku?,"  he says  slightly annoyed. "Me and Y/N are heading out  to grab some Malasadas."  

I don't  want  this idiot  to ruin my chance with  her. I also want my Malasada.

Gladion grabs her hand quickly and starts to walk away. Y/N looks at him surprised. His face was redder than a Charmeleon. 

Suddenly Riku grabs onto her other hand, forcing Popplio to land on the ground. "W-wait! I'm not just about  to let you two go  on a date without me! Let me tag along!"  Gladion glares at him angrily.

"Let go  of her. You're not coming!"

The two start arguing as they pulled  Y/N back and fourth with Popplio watching in curiosity. Finally she pulls off their grips and looks at  them frustrated. 

"Stop it! What are you, children?,"  she yells at  them. She sighs and looks towards the city, slightly glancing at  the boys. 

"Riku, if you accompany us,"  she starts to explain, "will you promise not  to bother me and Gladion?"  He looks towards her and nods proudly while quickly saluting which made Gladion cringe.

"Yes! I will make sure not  to be a bother!,"  Riku exclaims. The blonde haired trainer looked away annoyed.

There goes my chance.

The group sat at  their table patiently for their food. Y/N and Popplio stare at  the boys who have been giving each other dirty looks for quite a while. Finally the waiter comes in with their orders, giving the trainers a friendly smile. As they began to dig into their food however, Popplio accidentally knocks over Y/N's  drink onto her lap. Gladion  notices and quickly gets up to help her as Riku does the same.

They glare at each other intensely.

"I got it!,"  they both yell out as they reached towards the table to grab the napkins. They start  to fight over the papers, knocking off the Malasadas and drinks which were on the table. Popplio covers her eyes as Y/N stares blankly at  them, the trainers cursing and shouting at each other angrily.

It was starting to rain. The trainers  stood outside the shop quietly as the sound of people stepping on puddles filled the atmosphere. Y/N finally looks towards Gladion and Riku as  she held Popplio in her arms, the pokemon feeling bad about  the situation.

"...We  ended getting kicked out of the shop, huh?,"  she says blankly. She sighs tiredly and looks away at  their guilty faces. "...Seriously though, what is up with you two? I understand that you hate each other in the guts, but involve me in it? I hate it!"   

Y/N begins to walk away which Gladion starts to follow but is stopped. She gave him a disappointed look.

"...I'll go home alone. See you later Gladion."

He and Riku stare in regret as  she walked away.

"I guess we both screwed up," says Gladion. Riku nods with a shrug. "I really thought my good looks and charm would have worked on her but I guess not,"  he says unmindful. Gladion shakes his head as Riku begins to walk away. He waves at him with a smirk.

"Well, I'll be heading home! Mum is making spaghetti for dinner. Catch you later, emo boy."

Gladion was now alone. He looked  down towards his  shoes which were wet due to the rain. He closed his eyes. He wished Y/N was here with  him, just  the two  of them under the weather like this. Like a scenario inside a romance book. 

But in some moments, you just need some alone time.