14. True Feelings with a Letter

(Image Credit: I believe it was made by Chibiterasuchan on zerochan, if not please let me know)

(Long Chapter)

It was the next morning. Y/N laid on her bed silently, her mind dazed in yesterday's thoughts. Yesterday was when she and Gladion fought Team Skull and beat  them successfully. Before they all waved goodbye and head home last afternoon however, she remembered something unexpected from Gladion that made her very confused but warm...

"Y/N, come here for a second."

Confusedly she looked behind her seeing Gladion waiting for her. Lillie had already left in the limo with Hobbes. She walked towards him with a concern expression. "What's up? I thought you would be already leaving, Gladion."  He looked away embarrassingly. He then quickly pulled out his hand towards Y/N, still not looking at her. 

"...Let's be friends."

She stared at him uncertain. Gladion? Friends? With me? A smile appeared on her face and she shook his hand happily. Gladion pulled away and finally looked at her. His eyes  seemed to have lightened up when he faced her. "...I want us to get to know each other more. And I guess...I can help you with your Z-Ring. I won't  take no for an answer."

Y/N groaned, her face turning red. What did he mean by getting to know each other more? It was very surprising to her since Gladion has never acted that way towards her or anyone else from what she has  seen. "I must be missing something...but I can't just jump to conclusions about someone."  Suddenly, she heard loud running footsteps and her bedroom door swung open, her brother appearing and quickly sat down on her bed excitedly.

"Yo sis! You won't believe this!,"  he said happily. She looked at him irritated not appreciating his enthusiasm in the morning.

"What is it Sun?"  He pulled out a letter and showed it to her. "It's from our cousin! Isn't  that awesome?"  He smiled widely. She rolled her eyes as he began to read the letter out loud:

Hey! It's been pretty long, huh? I sure miss you guys! Sun, I hope you're not bothering your sister a ton. But most importantly how's my little Y/N?

We're hoping you guys are happy in Alola. We were some of the people who decided to sent you over there. Red thought you guys  should have went  to Unova, but why not have your life as a vacation? I sure would like that. Anyway, we miss your parents. They were like family to us. Red even started crying at their funeral. I mean, the fact that he doesn't show much reaction haha.

Anyway, take care! 

                                                                                            -Your cousin, Blue 

"Well that was lame,"  Y/N said unfazed. She yawned and got up, pointing Sun out of her room. He looked back at her as he began walking towards the door. "C'mon sis, we hadn't gotten a letter from Blue in ages!"  He paused.

"...We hadn't seen him when we were little now that I think of it..." 

She pushed him towards the door, Litten, Rowlet and Popplio wondering who these people with colors as their names are.

It was currently the afternoon and the siblings were walking up a hill in the deep forest near route 3. Y/N struggled to clime up, Popplio on her head so she could use her arms. She has been following Sun towards this route on the island, saying that he found the greatest thing ever. She groaned tiredly and angrily kicked the stone-dirt wall.

"Sun! Help me out here! I'm not as athletic as you!"  He had made it up the hill and smirked towards Y/N, Litten meowing and Rowlet flying towards her. He pulled out his arm and she grabbed, making it up the hill gently. 

"Damn sis, you weigh a ton!,"  Sun exclaims as they both sat down on top of the hill. She rolled her eyes and got up, her eyes suddenly filled with warm and cold colors.

Beautiful flowers full of color and green trees scattered around everywhere. Small ponds with lily pads and the reflections of small Cutiefly that flew above was quiet. The wind was strong but weak as it hit Y/N's face, giving her a gentle breeze.

"Sun...where did you find this place? It's..."  Sun smiled like a champ, scratching his head proudly. "I wanted to find a place where I could train Litten and Rowlet. Then I found this place and I thought of you. I already knew you would like this place."  

He was right, she (did/didn't) like this place.

Y/N sat down under a tree while she watched Sun and his pokemon train on the field. Popplio rested on her lap sleeping like a baby.

"Maybe I could invite Gladion here,"  she said quietly in hopes of not  to wake her pokemon. She looked around and sighed, feeling somewhat empty.

"...What a weirdo. I can't  tell what he's like. I don't want..."

Y/N trailed off, her eyes noticing a figure who was talking to Sun. She realized it was Gladion who didn't look too happy. Sun also didn't look pleased, glaring at him annoyingly. She quickly headed towards them, placing Popplio on the grass.

"What are YOU doing here?,"  said Sun  not amused. Gladion glared at him. They ignored Y/N who stood besides them worriedly. 

"...I didn't expect someone like you to find this place. But I'm not surprised a weak trainer like you would be here training,"  said Gladion coldly. Sun rolled his eyes.  

"What's the point of training if I won't get stronger?"  

"Well, you'll never be stronger than me."

"T-take that back!"

Sun pointed at Gladion. "I'm going to show you how strong we are! C'mon big boy, pull out your best pokemon!"  Gladion sighed, glancing at Y/N.

"...So you're not quite as dumb as you are naive. Fine then, I'll battle you."