18. Love Leads to Battles

(Image Credit: Pokemon Anime, image edited by me)

She looked at the boys apprehensive as they took out their pokemon. "A-are you seriously going to have a pokemon battle in the middle of town square?!," she said nervously. They ignored her while glaring at each other in loathe. Riku grinned.

"Go my Lycanroc!"  Gladion also sends out his own Lycanroc. Riku narrowed at him perplexed. "Hmm, what are the chances of us both having the same pokemon? No matter, yours is much uglier than my lovely tan fur one."  Gladion and his pokemon rolled their eyes at  the same time. Riku grinned and decided to command first.

"Lycanroc, use Crunch!"  His pokemon excitedly ran towards Gladion's Lycanroc and bit him quickly which worried the blonde trainer.

His goofy pokemon is kinda fast, I'm not sure if Lycanroc can catch up. If it keeps the speed up, he'll slowly take down him down. I need to reflect its power in some way...

"...Use Howl,"  said Gladion aware. Riku raised an eyebrow yet chuckled. "Raising your attack power I see. We'll take advantage of that! Rock Tomb my dear Lycanroc!"  His pokemon proceeds to summon giant rocks out of the ground and then hurls them at  the opponent. In Gladion's command Lycanroc doesn't  try to dodge them and takes the hurtful attack. 

"Howl again,"  he commands once again. Riku turned to him slightly irritated that he wasn't attacking. He groaned and stepped forward.

"Tch! Rock Tomb Lycanroc! End it!,"  he yelled. Gladion smiled.

After taking the harsh attack and Y/N wondering if it was all over, Gladion commanded Lycanroc to use Counter.  Excited and eagerly his pokemon punched Riku's Lycanroc which yelped and was thrown up. Not  too long the pokemon came down but instead of landing on a nice soft cushion, it landed hardly on the ground with its tongue out and with no response. He had fainted. 

Riku stood there stunned. He pulled out his pokemon's pokeball and then glared at Gladion. With no  other words left to say he stomped off. Gladion and Y/N watched him leave somewhat satisfied.

"He shouldn't bother you now, hopefully,"  he said turning to her. She gave him a smile which made him blush and quickly turn away.

"Thank you Gladion. That was really cool too! Is there a way I can make it up to you?"  He looked at her surprised and nodded.

"...Let's hangout tomorrow near the forest in route 2. I won't  take no for an answer."

The next day in trainer school, Y/N cleaned the chalkboard while Professor Kukui sorted through papers on his desk. He looked up and saw her on the little stool that she stood on so she could reach in ease and smiled, graceful that she was willing to help out. Everyone  else had already left so it was just  the two of them.

"So Y/N, I heard you got a letter from Blue?,"  he asked with curiosity. He hadn't bothered to examine the letter due to not really having any connections with the champion. In fact, he didn't even know the siblings were related to him at all. Y/N nods, too focused on cleaning the board.

 "Yeah. We hadn't heard from him ever in a while. I wonder what made him write that day."  Kukui could hear somewhat annoyance in her tone of voice. Suddenly the classroom door swung open hardly and violent which made the stool that Y/N was  standing on shake. Her eyes widen as  she trips and nearly falls down when the person who caused the commotion quickly notices and caught her with their arms.

She flinch. It was Riku.

"Whew, that was too close! You okay Y/N?"  She shakes her head and frowns. "Put me down!,"  she shouts. He puts her down and she quickly steps away from him so she could finally breathe. Professor Kukui headed towards them concern.

 "Are you alright Y/N?"  She nods and glares at Riku who looked at her confusedly. Kukui turns to him. "Riku, next time don't open the door so hard. It could get someone hurt."  He nods and then puts his arm around his muse. 

"Sorry sir, I was just looking for Y/N since I didn't see her walking out with Sun."  Y/N shakes off his arm and grabs her stuff. She turns to Kukui as  she heads to the door.

"I'll be leaving now Professor Kukui. See you home later."