4. Pokemon School

(Image Credit: Pokemon Sun and Moon Anime)

"Get up get up! Time for your first day at trainer school!"

Y/N woke up startled with Popplio falling off the bed, landing on her face. Professor Kukui laughs apologetically. "Ah, sorry to wake you up! Pancakes waiting in the kitchen made by Burnet! I'll go wake up Sun now."  He closed her bedroom door and Y/N could here him trot towards her brother's room. Suddenly a loud shriek and cursing came upon, making her feel concerned for Kukui. She sighed and picked up Popplio who's face was red from falling. She giggled.

"Trainer school, huh?"

As they made their way to the pokemon school, Sun kept giving Professor Kukui dirty looks. "Could you happen to knock first? I can't believe you walked in on me like that," he said irritated. Y/N confusedly looked at Sun. "What happened?," she asked. Sun blushed, shaking his head. Kukui laughed, and noticed that they were close to their location. He pointed at the school buildings. "There it is! Trainer school. You guys excited?" 

"I gues-" 

"No."

Y/N glared at Sun.

Now walking to Kukui's classroom, Y/N couldn't help but feel a bit anxious. She had experience similar things like this back in Kanto, but everything in Alola were either had new technology or new things. Sun groaned as they made their way inside the classroom. Kukui smiled amused. "Give it a chance Sun, maybe you'll like trainer school. Plus, you can meet some of my students and learn more about pokemon."  Now inside the classroom, the siblings stand besides Kukui. He coughs.

"Good morning everybody!"  

"Good morning Professor Kukui!," the students respond.

"Now," explains Kukui, "This is Y/N and Sun. These guys besides me are my friend's niece and nephew, the ones I mentioned earlier."  Y/N smiles, holding Popplio in her arms. Sun however looks away, also holding Litten with Rowlet sitting on his head. "They will be joining us, so please give them a warm welcome. They are living with me and Professor Burnet in the meantime."  He turns to them and point to two empty desk. 

Sun and Y/N both ate their lunches together with their pokemon. She then looks up and realizes the girls from the class were looking at her. She saw them all nod and started to head towards her. A girl with green hair smiled kindly. "Hi! I'm Mallow, and this is Lillie and Lana. They were a bit shy to introduce themselves."  Lillie, a blond girl who was holding an Alolan Vulpix smiled sweetly at Y/N. Lana, a cute small girl also carrying a Popplio smiled too. 

Sun rolled his eyes annoyed. He turned away from the girls but only to face the two male students who walked towards him. A guy with red dyed hair took out his hand. "Hey Sun, I'm Kiawe, the one with the big Turtonator. Here next to me is my good friend Sophocles."  Sun however looked at them disgusted and picked up his lunch and left, sitting somewhere else.

Y/N noticed and quickly apologized. "I-I'm so sorry! Please don't get the wrong idea. My brother is a bit hard to get close with. But he's a bit upset right now because we had to move here. We used to live in Kanto."  After explaining, everyone looked at Y/N sympathetic, nodding understandably. They all decided to each lunch together.

"Are you sure you don't want us to go over and hand him a malasada?," asked Lillie. Y/N looked towards Sun who was also looking towards her but quickly looked away. She sighed.

I hope he figures out that we'll be okay.