25. Forgettable Thought

(Image Credit: Meyly on zerochan)

It was the next day. A bright sunny day which Alolan Exeggutor swayed their heads in the fresh air, Pikipeks flying above happily, the flowers blooming their bright colors. Everybody was  smiling and waving at  their friends, having a good time. 

Except Y/N.

She walked through the busy crowds of  Hau'oli City, a grocery list on her hand which  had already been picked up and done with. Carrying Popplio and the bags filled with food altogether was a bit quite heavy but it didn't really bother her. What did bother her however was Gladion from yesterday. She frowned bewildered with thoughts.

What was he about  to say? And why didn't  he tell me after Sun interrupted him?

Y/N groaned, angry at herself. Something was obviously wrong here. Was  she too dumbfounded or stupid? Gladion probably wanted to say something important to her in private since he didn't  say anything after Sun came along. She sighed tiredly.

"...Maybe I should call Gladion later. I need to get home back with these ingredients  soon."  As  she made her way however, she noticed a big crowd near the Malasada Shop. Y/N tilts her head in curiosity with Popplio barking in exclamation.

What's going on? Are they handing out free malasadas?

She heads towards them and looks around. Everyone seemed very excited but she could not see why up ahead. Y/N kindly questions a gentleman next  to her about  the fuss. He gives her a grin.

"You won't believe it! Up front little girl are the champions of Kanto! In Alola! Everyone is trying to get a picture or an autograph."

Y/N stares at  the man like he had three heads. She nods thankfully and quickly jolts out of the crowd like her end was on fire. Her eyes glanced at  the ground anxiously as  she hurriedly walks away. She wanted to walk faster but  the grocery bags were slowing her down. Popplio glances at her trainer confused.

"Hopefully they didn't  notice me!,"  she mutters under her breath sternly, still  looking down. She suddenly bumps into a tall guy, the thud almost making her fall. Y/N  looks up at him who had an irritated look on his face. He glared at her.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!,"  he uttered with a harsh tone. She backed up in concern.

"I-I'm sorry, it was an accident."

The guy kept glaring at her. He glanced at  the bags.  "...Hey kid, I see you got some food in those bags of yours,"  he stated arrogantly. "I'm pretty hungry so if ya give me some, I'll forgive yah! Sound like a deal?"  Y/N stared oddly at him. She frowns.

"That doesn't  sound even sound right. Why would I give you any of my food? I already said I was sorry."

"Come on kid, can't  spare a snack or two?"

The man smiled cockily at her bothered expressions until he noticed someone in particular standing behind her without  the trainer noticing yet. They glare at him who immediately backs up and gave an awkward grin, quickly turning around and leaving hastily. Y/N and Popplio stared at him go confusedly, unsure of why he left so suddenly and without reason. She shrugged satisfied however and turned around (deciding to take another  route just in case she encountered him again) only to face a black polo shirt in her way. 

She looked up blankly. 

It was Blue. He had a stupid grin on his face.

"Hey cousin! Long time no see!,"  he said happily to Y/N who only stared at him thoughtless. Red appeared behind him also smiling towards her. She stared at both of them with no thrill.

Please get away from me. Go back to Kanto and live your lives.

Blue however chuckles at his cousin's  expression. "What cous? Not happy to see me? I notice you have a pokemon. It's pretty cute, but not as cute as me." He notices the bags of  food and takes them from her hands. He then starts walking ahead and looks back at  them.

"Well? Come one! Let's get back to Y/N's  place and cook us  some dinner. No need to worry about  that douche stealing from us."  Red nods and turns to Y/N who just looks away quietly, not having said a word yet. He glances at her concerned and places his hand on her shoulder gently.