29. Wondering About Love

(Image Credit: chocomiru02 on DeviantArt)

Sun sat down comfortably on the couch with  his bowl of chips and with the TV volume up. His favorite show  was on and he enjoyed every bit of it. Suddenly the phone started to rang in which Sun quickly looks around in hopes to see someone else hopefully pick up. Professor Kukui was downstairs in his lab with Blue. Y/N  was outside picking seashells with  her brother's  newly Incineroar and Rowlet. 

Sun realizes no  one would be able to get  to the phone. He groans and places his chips down. As he stood up however, he sees Red for what ever reason pick up the phone.

"...Hello? This is Gladion. I need to speak to Y/N."

"..."

"...Is anyone there?"

"..."

"...I think I called the wrong number."

Sun quickly snatches the phone away from him and sighs deeply.

"S-sorry about  that, the person who picked up is an idiot. Anyway, who is this?,"  he responds apologetic, ignoring Red's  frown. Gladion realizes it was the brother speaking and stood there hesitant. Sun waited impatiently until he heard coughing and a bit of shuffling.

"...It's  Gladion. Could you do me a favor and tell  Y/N  to meet me at  the front of the trainer school? I won't  take no for an answer."

Y/N made her way to the school anxiously as  she hugged Popplio tightly. Scenarios  start  to appear in her head which made her even more nervous.

Okay, calm down Y/N. I bet he just wants to hang out, that's  all! It's  not like I love him or anything. Oh Arceus, what if  I'm wrong of his actually impression of me? Either way, should I confess to him? I can't  keep these feelings hidden. But what if he...

...rejects me?

Finally what seemed like forever, she arrives at  the front of the school. Y/N hesitantly looks up to see Gladion standing a few yards away from her, looking around for assuming her. He notices her and smiles.

"Y/N."

She gives him an awkward grin as  she heads towards him. There was nobody around. "G-Gladion! What's  up?,"  she asks. He shakes his head and seemingly looks away. His face began to blush. 

"...I was hoping we could hang out. Is that okay with you?"  Y/N, who stood still for a moment, nods happily. He looks at her contented. 

"...How does the beach sound?"