{1}

"So what do you want?" She asked rolling her hip, playing with the wavy strand of her brunette hair.

"You." The sleazy customer smirked laughing with his buddies at the diner table. She rolled her eyes. This could go two ways, she thought to herself:

One~Punch him in the face and get fired because it was worth it.

Two~Laugh because he has a wad of cash in his wallet and you really could use an extra tip.

Alex Carr laughed, grinding her teeth between her closed smile. She had just hit a low peek in her life. Her deranged ex showed up at her house last night, demanding to take her apartment. After she refused she was left with a  bruise along her thigh and jaw. Many people often say it will get better. To her getting better wasn't gonna happen any soon. Getting out of an abusive relationship was a major plus, but the aftermath was even worse. She had lost all her friends, and family. No one believed her at all. Not even through the tears that fell from her eyes, promising she wasn't lying.

Picking up the hot plates of pancakes, she moved quickly through the diner placing plates on tables. Receiving some mumbled 'thank you's' she nodded her head repeatedly hoping this shift from hell would end. "Here's your orange juice."She smiled leaning across the table when she felt a hand grab her ass. The same exact pig who hit on her earlier was smirking letting out a big dramatic, "Whoops." She laughed biting her lip and leaned in moving her hand down his chest to his pants. He gasped and she quickly pulled away winking, spinning on her heel. She pulled her apron off and announced to her boss "I'm going on break."

Sitting on the dirty concrete in the back alley, she smirked flipping through the pigs wallet taking out the giant wad of cash. If you carry hundred dollar bills in your wallet on a daily, your asking for it to get stolen, she thought shoving the cash into her bra. Grabbing the cigarette that was behind her ear she fumbled with the broken lighter and managed to get a little spark, that set the cigarette to flame. She took a long drag, hoping she could breathe all of her problems out in one puff. Her feet softly shuffled against the kitchen floor as she made her way through the chaos. Watching a piece of toast fall and hit the floor, that was immediately picked up and placed onto a plate made her cringe thinking of the lucky customer who would eat that slice. She slyly placed the empty wallet in the lost and found bin as she collected empty plates left at tables.

She saw a new crowd of young men being seated a table and was hoping she wouldn't be assigned there but was wrong again, when her boss waved his old wrinkly finger in the same direction. As she got closer she studied the men who were yelling and laughing. One had long silky brunette hair that made her hold a strand
of her hair, making her think about her poor shampoo and conditioner choices.

"Good morning-"She smiled but was interrupted by the long haired young man teasing, "Good afternoon. It just turned twelve." Ignoring his comment she began taking everyone's order hoping she could leave before his stare drilled two holes into the side of her head. She scribbled on the note pad, trying not to laugh when she heard the sleaze bag rant a couple tables over about how he couldn't find his wallet. "You guys from here?"She asked as she collected the old plastic menus. A taller gentleman with brown curly hair smiled, "Yep! Born and raised in California. We're in a band. The Red Hot Chili Peppers."

"Hm. Never heard of em. Your food will be out shortly, pepper sirs." What a peculiar name for a band, she thought to herself watching the chefs cut and slice vegetables. Throughout her shift she constantly looked up making eye contact with long haired gentlemen from the band. After taking the check she looked down seeing a smiley face drawn on the back next to the word, Hey. She looked up making eye contact with him again. He smiled winking putting his face in the palm of his hand. She shook her head and looked away smiling. She had dealt with flirts plenty of times. Was he hot? Yes. The brunette thought to herself as she sorted through the change at the cash register. She found it funny how he would blink his eyes at her, and slightly pout. He was doing everything he could to get this girls attention but nothing was working. She had money to earn.

"Thanks for coming Peppers!" She winked taking there dirty dishes away and sliding there change back. Walking back out of the kitchen she noticed the entire band was gone except for one. The flirt. She slid into the booth and sighed, "Do you want money or something from me?"

"No....Not at all. I wanted to get to know you more. You seem interesting."

"Interesting? As in weird interesting?"

"No. Interesting as in swiping a pedophiles wallet and taking his money. That was badass, or interesting." She blushed thinking, how did he see that?

"Hm. Well I got work. So I can't talk."

"I'll wait."

She was hoping he'd leave. But he stayed. She ignored him at any chance she could get. What's this guys deal? She thought slamming the dishes in the sink. He sat there reading an old newspaper, drinking coffee. She felt kinda bad leaving him high and dry, but she had work. She kept mumbling to herself, "Don't let his looks get to you."

Once again, her plans had failed her again as she walked up to the booth he was sitting in. Sliding in across from him she asked,

"So what type of music do you and your band play?"