{6}

"Anthony, you asshole! Go after her!" Chad yelled pointing towards the direction Alex had ran in. He felt like an ass. He hoped the kiss didn't end like that. But it did. He shook his head no and took another swig of beer when Flea grabbed him by the front of his shirt and snapped, "Go find her! Don't be a jerk!" He nodded taking one more swig of his beer walking out of the dingy club. Stumbling he tripped onto the concrete feeling his face scrape against the dirty walkway. He heard a sharp scream that quickly ended. He raised a brow hearing, "I'm gonna help you, okay?"

Sitting up he stumbled towards the noise and saw some random guy unbuckling his pants. He looked at the girl who's mouth was being covered and suddenly he realized who it was. Alex. Anger filled throughout his body. This guy was gonna rape her. Right when he was about to save the damsel in distress she beat him to it. Her foot swung up kicking the pervert in the private parts making him groan and fall to the grown. He swung his tightened fist at her as she ducked and kicked his feet out from underneath him again. Anthony blushed watching her fight. That's hot, he thought to himself. The pervert swung again hitting her in the face making Anthony stumble towards the man and tackle him to the ground. Raising his fist in the air, Anthony swung down hitting the man in the jaw knocking him out cold. Quickly turning to Alex he placed his hand against her cheek whispering, "You okay?"

"Just take me home." She snapped avoiding eye contact with him when she realized she had no home. Tears started to leak out of her eyes and she put her face in her hands softly sobbing. Jesus Christ what kinda life are you living, she thought to herself as her hand started to shake. She stood up shoving past Anthony and jogged down the street. She heard her name being called but she kept running. She felt embarrassed. She was caught stealing and probably looked insane to Anthony. She wanted to run away from her problems. Hoping she could leave them in the dust. She felt his hand grab hers and yank her back into his chest. She cried into Anthony's chest mumbling, "I just want to go to bed." He chuckled placing his chin on top of her head. He took her back to the apartment and she passed out on top of the bed within a matter of seconds.

Placing the frozen bag of peas against Alex's face was not exactly how Anthony planned to spend his evening, but nothing seemed to be going right in his life at the moment. He hit a waitress with his car, and was lucky he wasn't being sued. The problem was he didn't know how he felt about her. Almost every woman he saw who he found attractive would end up in his bed in a matter of seconds. Except this time he didn't get Alex in his bed yet. And they have been living with each other for about a day. He could feel the sexual tension, but he wasn't sure if she felt it. Alex was hard to read. Her monotone face and voice made him always wonder if she was being sarcastic or not. Looking down at the sleeping girl he noticed her cherry red lips start to part. His heart started to move faster and faster as he slowly leaned in. He couldn't help himself.

"What the hell are you doing?" John teased leaning against the door frame of her room. Before an embarrassed Anthony could reply he shouted, "Flea! Chad! Anthony was trying to kiss Alex on the lips while she was sleeping! Isn't that weird?" Suddenly Flea and Chad were in the room within a matter of seconds making fun of Anthony. Making kissing noises John blew Anthony a kiss before drunkenly collapsing on the floor hysterically laughing. Slowly one by one each of them collapsed onto the floor passed out. Anthony laughed at Flea who was face planted into the carpet snoring.

Slowly taking the bag of frozen peas away from Alex's black eye he slowly got up, quietly making his way to the kitchen. She stirred in the bed and slithered her way underneath the sheets pulling them over her head. Violently slamming her hand on the table next to the bed the lights turned off in the room making her sigh in relief. Her eye hurt like hell. Trying to remember what happened it all hit her at once. Shit. I almost got raped, she thought to herself shivering. Good thing she knew how to defend herself. This wasn't her first time encountering a pervert. Growing up in a tough neighborhood, learning how to defend yourself was just as important as learning how to walk. The occasional sounds of fireworks exploding in her neighborhood was probably gun shots. Taking the public bus to school was safer than the school bus. Fights would occasionally break out everyday, and end with a stabbing. She promised herself she would leave. So she did. Where she's working and living in California now is very upscale compared to the old town she was born and raised in. That probably explained why she came off as a bitch. Being raised to casual fight someone, or have a personality made of steel helped her survive in her neighborhood. She would be eaten alive and torn to pieces in seconds if she were to giggle or seem kind walking down the street in her old neighborhood. Guys liked to break nice girls in her neighborhood. She promised herself she would never be one of those broken girls. Instead she bottled her feelings up and slowly made a wall of steel surrounding them. Nothing could bother her. No one could make her feel defeated. Did the black eye hurt? Yes. But she wasn't gonna let a black eye rain on her parade. She decided she would wear the black eye like a new eyeshadow. Fuck feelings, am I right? She thought to herself before falling asleep. Little did she know these feelings were slowly melting and would soon end up drowning her.