{25}

"Hm? Yeah...Yeah. I was just thinking." Alex whispered while staring up at the ceiling.

"Thinking about what?" Anthony asked while staring at the worried expression on her face.

"Nothing. It's nothing. You should go downstairs. The band needs you."

"They can wait. What's wrong." He snapped while hovering above her.

"Anthony it's nothing."

"Tell me."

"No." She snapped while staring up at him, slightly blushing at how close his lips were to her mouth. Leaning down to kiss her neck Anthony froze. Taking a long pause he pulled away and softly asked, "Is that a hickey on your neck?" Running his thumb over the purple mark he quickly pushed away from her and walked towards the door.

"Anthony-" she began to say when he snapped, "Alex. I don't want to hear any excuses. When I come back up here after recording, I want you to tell me everything. Nothing but the truth. Got it?"

"Yes." She whispered only to be startled by how loud he slammed the door. Great. Now Anthony and Flea are mad at you, she thought while standing up and walking towards the mirror. Sitting down on the cold wooden floor, she stared at her neck in the mirror. The light purple hickey was just barely noticeable. But Anthony noticed. Because Anthony cared. Flea cared. They both cared. But something about Anthony made her want to melt into the floor. Of course Alex liked Flea, but not like the way she loved Anthony. She wanted Anthony. She liked the touch of his skin, his long hair. Flea was just a nice guy. A nice guy that she took advantage of when she was high. And now she probably broke his heart. She probably broke Anthony's heart too. In the moment everything tugged at her heartstrings. Her ex, Anthony, Flea. Anyone or anything she had loved. The girl began to shake, and slowly cry as she curled up into a ball on the floor.

"Alright, boys! Let's get this recording session over with!" Chad cheered while walking into the room. He frowned while noticing the tension between Flea and Anthony. It was so obvious because they were best friends. Instead of messing with each other like they always did, they were scattered far away from each other looking at the ground.

"Guys. Is everything ok?" John asked while looking up from his guitar.

"I don't know. Why don't you ask Flea? He doesn't seem to care about anyone else but himself." Anthony snapped while glaring at his friend from across the room.

"Shut up, Anthony. Your just jealous."

"Why would I be jealous?"

"You know why." Flea snapped while staring into Anthony's eyes, slightly raising his eyebrow. Flea was usually never like this. The hickey on Alex's neck made sense to him now. Wait. Flea and Alex fucked? He thought before yelling, "You son of a bitch!"

Anthony's fist made contact with Flea's cheek, causing Flea to tumble to the ground. "Woah! Anthony what the hell?" Chad yelled while getting in between the two before yelling again, "What the hell is going on?!"

"Flea fucked Alex! How could you, Flea! You know I love her! How could you! Your my best friend!" Anthony yelled, tears forming in his eyes.

"I didn't mean too! We both were high! We couldn't even remember how it happened. I don't like her like that. She doesn't like me like that. It's my fault. Not hers."

"It is your fault."

"Anthony. I'm just pissed off at your behavior. Do you really love her? Because it seems like all you want to do is get in her pants. If you really cared you would back off. It was an accident. We both didn't mean to do anything intentionally." Flea explained while holding his face.

Anthony felt like an idiot. He hurt his best friend over something he couldn't control. He gave Alex an attitude over something she couldn't control. "Fuck." He mumbled under his breath before walking up the stairs snapping, "I'm gonna go rest. I can't record right now. We'll all talk later."

Anthony opened the bedroom door to see Alex crying, curled up in a ball on the floor.
"Oh god. Alex I'm so sorry." Anthony softly cried while closing the door behind him, and crawling towards her. Pulling her into his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck and cried into his shirt, "Anthony it's not your fault. I fucked up. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"Alex. It's not your fault. I was acting like a dick. We aren't even dating or anything. I don't know why I'm so selfish."

"Your not selfish. You care. I don't know why I've been misleading you this whole time. Nobody else has cared for me the way you do. Your so sweet. Your truly a great guy." She smiled while looking into his eyes. His hand slowly wiped the tears falling from her eyes.

"Do you like me?" He asked while holding her hand.

"Yeah. I really like you, Anthony." She smiled while leaning in to kiss him on the lips. He slowly smiled into the kiss while wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. The two began to move in sync before slowly pulling away to take a breath.

"Do you want to um. Take this to the um-" Anthony began to stutter before she answered, "The bed? I'd love too." Grabbing his hand she softly pushed him down onto the bed before straddling him, and kissing his lips once again.

"Alex. I love you so much. I really do." Anthony whispered while brushing a few stands of hair away from her face. She blushed while staring down at him and tracing her fingers along his jaw. He slowly shifted, pushing her back onto the bed and hovered above the blushing girl while kissing her collarbone. He paused to take his shirt off and then continued to kiss her neck making her smile. Her fingers softly traced along the back of his shoulder blades, making him want to melt into the bed.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" He whispered while lightly biting her ear.

"Yes."