{2}

"Alex Carr...I like the way it rolls off the tongue." The young gentlemen whose name happened to be Anthony, smirked sipping his burnt coffee. Getting breakfast with the band seemed like a great idea, but yet again he was distracted by another pretty face. This just wasn't any other pretty face to him. This was Aphrodite herself, in human form. With curly brunette hair that hung on her shoulders, cherry red lips, hazel eyes, and a pinched waist that made her look like a Barbie doll is not what only caught Anthony's attention. The fact this goddess who looked like she would never harm a fly, was capable of stealing and breaking your heart with her teeth made him want to get on his hands and knees.

For someone like him who went through girls like a pair of underwear, this one made him feel different. Not only did he want her, he wanted to know her which was definitely not his quota. She was like a statue, hard to crack. But once he stopped paying attention to her, he noticed how quickly she came back to make conversation. He could tell she had just gone through a rough breakup, due to the nasty bruise on her jaw and thigh. Probably an abusive relationship, he thought to himself watching her lightly run her hand across her face avoiding the dark bruise. After telling her about the band he thought of ways he could get this girl to go on a date with him. Dinner, movie, what do pretty girls like?! He thought to himself, frustrated.

"I used to work at the dollar tree down the street." She ranted, as she organized dishes behind the counter. He listened intently nodding his head asking "You gotta boyfriend?"

"Used to. We broke up."

"Cool. My bands having a concert this Friday night. You should come."

"Maybe. It depends if I'm free or not." His stomach twisted into a knot hoping she would just say yes. He grabbed a mini lollipop in the glass candy jar sitting next to the cash register. Ripping the wrapper off, he pushed the grape flavored sugar puck into his mouth, holding the stick like a cigarette between his lips. He watched her stick her hand inside her shirt, pulling a wad of cash from her bra. She had a stack of hundred dollar bills, making his eyes widen. "And they say strippers make more money." She laughed counting the stack.

"You stole that guys money though." Anthony smirked. She looked up and snapped, "Yeah but he was a total pedophile. That's what a pig like him deserves, for making women uncomfortable."

"I know, I'm kidding! Geeze! You looked so mad!" Not only did she look mad, she looked hot. The way her hair caressed her circular face made his heart ache. Alex, and Anthony he thought to himself watching the petite brunette lift the stack of plates. "Do you live around here?" He asked. She scrubbed a plate and smirked looking up, "Why so many personal questions? Are you stalking me? Or do you want to steal my identity?"

"Definitely steal your identity."

"I knew it, Kiedis."

"What can I say? I like taking away girls identities." She stifled a laugh, understanding what he was implying.

"Ewww. I like how you tried to make that sound sexy, but instead you sounded creepy."

"Oh damn. I was hoping you would end it at the sexy part."

"You wish."

"I do." She looked up, making eye contact with his brown eyes staring into her soul. He licked the lollipop and raised a brow smirking. Rolling her eyes she looked at the clock and smiled taking her apron off. "Well it was nice talking to you. But my shifts over."

"Wow that went by fast!"

"Really? To me it felt like I was slowly dying."

"I'm sure I made you reconsider death when I stayed."

"Hmm not really. I actually was surprised you stayed for my entire shift."

"Surprised, like impressed surprised?"

"No. More creeped out." She teased walking out of the diner running her fingers through her hair. She leaned against the glass as he continued, "You want a ride home or wherever?"

"No thanks, I have a bike."

"No car?"

"It's not my style."She lied thinking about the only car she had, in the hands of her ex.

"Hm. Alright. I hope to see you Friday."

"Maybe. Later Kiedis." She gave the peace sign walking towards the bike rack. After watching him pull the car away, she broke the bike lock off and rode away on the bike she had stolen. She wished it hadn't come to that point, but she was broke. Reaching her crappy, rundown apartment she jogged up the stairs unlocking the door. She placed a chair underneath the door knob in case her ex decided to stop by. She pulled the stack of money out and saw a sliver of paper folded onto a bill. She frowned opening the paper. There was a phone number written on the back. She turned to the front and it read in scraggly writing,

Call me ;)
xoxo-Anthony

Rolling her eyes, and chuckling she tossed the paper into the trash. Was he cute? Yes. But she couldn't gawk about guys. She was broke, and almost homeless if she didn't pay this months rent. Her thoughts were disturbed by the door knob jiggling and a loud deep voice yelling,
"Open up you bitch!"

She cursed under her breath and quickly grabbed her money, and a tote bag. She heard loud pounding on the window, and heard the door slowly cracking. He was gonna break it. She closed the bathroom door, and locked it when she heard the door being broken down. She opened the window and quickly slid out jumping into the bushes. She hopped onto the bike and quickly rode down the street, fumbling with her cigarette.

"Haha. Loser." She laughed, giving the middle finger in the direction of her apartment when she screamed seeing flashing headlights. She tried swerving, but it was too late. The van slammed into the bike making her fly onto the concrete, and see blurry images. She looked up and saw someone crouch down and yell, "I'm so sorry, Alex! It's gonna be okay! I called an ambulance!"

"Call them back!"

"Why?"

"I don't have any money for an ambulance!" She slurred, before closing her eyes and seeing darkness.