Chapter Twelve

The elites were already gone by the time I came out of my bedroom which was around before lunch.

After the weird encounter with Jungkook in the room next door, I managed to take some short nap during when I heard their voices drifting through the hall along with some faint footsteps from the stairs but I was far too gone to care at that time.

I only realized that they have left from the quiet hallway and also the missing car in the garage.

Not that I checked.

Okay I lied, I totally snooped through their bedroom doors before finding that they were locked just like before but its all for good intentions, I swear.

My mother stayed down after lunch to check on me and to apologize for what happened during breakfast today. I told her that its fine and that I've already forgotten about it but she still insisted that she was in the wrong which caught me off guard a little because she usually never admits her fault and also promised me that she won't do it again.

"But I am a little curious actually, which one is your boyfriend?"

I choked on the drink that I was currently drinking before reaching for the napkin to wipe my mouth, my eyes darting around the dining room to check if Mr Kim is around.

After regaining my composure, I shot her an incredulous look.

"Mom, none of them are my boyfriend.", I told her that seriously while my hand grabbed for a piece of apple that she cut just now.

My mother just ignored me as she continued staring at the ceiling as if pondering about something.

"Huh. Then which one are you interested in? I must say that I really like Taehyung but the other one isn't so bad either, he's a little quiet but at least he has manners."

I groaned in frustration before leaning my head back to the chair's headrest.

Jungkook's smile flashed in my mind for a split second but I shrugged it off as quick as I can.

"I'm not interested in any of them mom."

"Okay, but you're very close to them right?", she asked with a hopeful voice, making me furrow my eyebrows.

I thought about their little secret which I was supposed to keep and how we basically lived beside each other all this time without any of us knowing it.

If its possible, the knowledge actually made me realize just how out of reach these guys were from me and how I really don't belong in their world.

But still, I didn't bother to correct her since I don't want her to worry as much as she shouldn't have to, "Yeah, we are kinda close."

When I lived on the streets, I actually did a lot of bad things that I wasn't proud of until today.

I pickpocketed in the trains, stole foods from shops, punched strangers who tried to report me to the authorities for sleeping at the public park and even went as far as getting into fights with other homeless people when it comes to who arrived at the spot first.

But lying though, always make me antsy every single time.

That's why I never bothered to lie for those things, because I simply can't and don't know how.

And lying to my own mother, nonetheless?

Its a shocker she didn't saw through me just now.

In fact, she also casually reached for a piece of apple and nodded at me before letting out a satisfied smile, the ends of her eyes crinkling.