Chapter Thirty One

I let out a sigh as Jisoo unnie and Chaeyoung continued to glare at each other in the hallway all the while attracting the attention of other students who were walking past us.

"Guys.", I started.

They didn't budge.

Beside me, Jennie unnie glanced at them uninterestedly, "Just leave them here. How about we go to that unicorn cafe, Lisa?"

I was about to agree with her when Jisoo unnie whined out loud, "This is no fair. We already went to that ramen house twice this week, I want to go to my chicken place!"

Chaeyoung wasn't backing down either, "Chicken place what? You mean that restaurant with a huge avocado sign across the academy which serves EVERY SINGLE DISH with those disgusting avocados?"

"Yes."

"No thanks."

"What do you mean no??? The chicken is good.", Jisoo unnie whined again.

"I still want ramen."

"And I want chicken."

Chaeyoung just stared at her steadily, "Ramen."

"Chicken."

"Ramen."

"Ramen."

"Chic-", Chaeyoung quickly stopped herself.

"Aha! Chicken it is.", the oldest girl exclaimed happily while pointing her fingers towards us.

I just shook my head at her when Jennie unnie immediately cut in, "Alright how about this, let's just order from both restaurants and have dinner at home?"

We all looked at her for a few seconds before answering simultaneously, "Okay."

She let out an exasperated sigh and mumbled to herself, "I don't even know why I'm friends with these people."

"We heard that!", Jisoo unnie shouted as she went to catch up with her.

"Lisa? Aren't you coming?"

I closed my locker door shut and faced Chaeyoung, "Nah, go ahead. I need to use the toilet first."

She nodded and waved at me before running to the other girls as I began making my way to the restroom nearby.

I had just finished my business and was washing my hands when two familiar girls who I've seen before in one of my classes came inside.

"Hey, haven't you heard?"

Glancing at their reflection in the mirror, I made a stoic face and grabbed for my bag strap.

"Seulgi had dropped out."

That got me frozen in place.

The other girl who was now applying her lip gloss was also surprised, "Seriously? When?"

Yes, when?

I mean, they've got to be talking about the same Seulgi right? The Seulgi from our class?

Blinking my eyes slowly, I tuned back into their conversation.