Chapter Sixteen

Awkward.

I glanced at Jungkook's rigid posture beside me and then back to the guys sitting in front.

Very awkward.

I cleared my throat.

"So....."

"You can't tell anyone.", Jimin immediately cut in as if knowing what I'm about to address.

"Even my father.", Taehyung added before sending me a pointed look through the car's rear view mirror and then focusing back on the road in front.

I crossed both of my arms before leaning back into the seat.

"Okay."

Jimin turned his head to look at me, a weird expression on his face.

"That's it? You're not going to ask any questions?"

I just stared at him with a blank face, "Its not like you guys are going to answer."

He looked back at me in wonder.

"Huh. You're right."

I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes at him and turned my body sideways to rest my head on the seat instead, making me face Jungkook who's still staring out of the car window silently.

I took the chance to admire his features fully, how his dark brown hair was mussed up so beautifully, his well defined strong jaw, his perfectly shaped nose, his lips....

Yeah, I pretty much got lost at the lips.

Shaking my head at the mental images that's starting to form in my head, I scolded myself for even having these kind of thoughts towards him when all this guy do is making me annoyed and frustrated every single time I'm in his presence.

My mood immediately took a drastic change as I glared at his side profile before my eyes settled on a faint line on the side of his neck.

Squinting my eyes at it, I realized that its some sort of scar. A very old one at that and it looks like it came from something sharp.

A knife?

But then, who would try to go against him with a knife?

And how old was he when he got that?

So many questions appeared in my mind as I continued staring absently at his neck, adding into my very own list of 'Jeon Jungkook's mysteries'.

The fact that I had a list for that just made me feel like crying for my life.

Feeling spent all of a sudden, I began closing my eyes to grab as much rest as I could before we make it back to the campus.

"Anyways, don't think that we won't remember the fact that you almost ruined our plan."

I sighed after realizing that they won't let me off that easily before looking at the back of Jimin's head.

"So what next? You guys want me to cook for you? Too bad. I can't cook for life."

Taehyung snickered at that before glancing at me, "Yeah, your mom already told me. Along with a hundred thousand things that you can't do."

What?! That traitor. Give it to my mom to make all boys run away from me before they could even know me.

Not that I would want these guys to know me.

"Well then, good for you. At least you know that you can't use me for anything.", I retorted with what little dignity I have left.

I really need to have a talk with her the next time I come home...

Expecting them to shut up about it, I was proven wrong however when Jimin suddenly exclaimed.