Chapter Thirty Seven

When Taehyung told me to pick them up, he somehow forgot to mention that it was at a very private, exclusive bar in the middle of Gangnam city.

I mean I should really have seen it coming. The name is 'The Ivy' for goodness sake.

And here I am, a hundred unknown miles away from the safety of my campus, my body only clad with a black jacket that I threw over my shirt and a pair of snug jeans, my hair tied into a loose ponytail under the hood of my jacket, my feet covered in brown leather boots I got from a thrift shop.

So yeah, it shouldn't surprise me when the big, meanie looking bouncer told me to 'use the money I have left for booze to buy new clothes instead' after taking a look at me once.

But yet I'm still surprised.

And a lot pissed off.

Taking a hold of my cell phone, I ignored the sneer coming from a snotty looking woman and rung Taehyung instead.

He answered on the first ring, "Hello? Oh my God, you're fucking heavy."

I took in his labored breathing, "Taehyung, I'm outside the bar now."

"What? You're here?"

"Yeah, I uh want to make sure that, uh.", I stammered as I tried to find an excuse as to why I would actually come out at 3 freaking am just to pick up a bunch of boys home.

"No you know what, come inside here now, please. I really need your help.", he cut me off.

"Oh, I was about to, but there's a scary man out here and he practically just chased me away."

He actually sounded genuinely surprised, "Paulo chased you away? Give me a second."

I briefly register the call being put on hold as I observed the bouncer's face from afar.

He was letting another expensive looking couple inside when his attention went to the little in-ear mic he got on the side of his head.

I watched as his face turn from attentive to wary before he started looking around the lot as if searching for something. When his eyes caught mine, I had to hold my sarcastic smile back and instead started walking towards the entrance leisurely.

"Miss Lalisa?", he asked when I arrived in front of him.

I just stared at him for a while before answering, "Yes Paulo.", he then began apologizing at me profusely but I paid him no mind as I went past him instead.

"Now please excuse me, I've got a man to find."

***

As soon as I stepped into the place, I immediately understood why it was called The Ivy.

First of all, the place was fucking huge. And fucking green. Like, almost every single thing inside here was green, but not the kind of green that you usually see outside either. Its a shiny and metallic kind of green, almost like emerald but a little brighter.

Secondly, I found out that the little studs covering the walls were actual diamonds.

Thirdly, the club was actually divided into two sections. Downstairs, you have the rich regulars. Upstairs, the crazy rich VVIPs.

The Devil DancerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara