18. Confrontation

---***---

"The second match will be Dong Fang from South sect against Yu Zeng from East sect." Zhou Zhihao announced with a stoic expression.

Two handsome men went to the stadium and faced each other. Many disciples watched and were excited to know who would win.

Yu Zeng stood in front of everyone magnificently. He looked at his opponent and couldn't help but pity him.

Water against fire? I will be the winner. I can easily put off your fire. Yu Zeng held his head high and smugly smiled at Dong Fang.

They heard a loud sound of the gong and Yu Zeng immediately summoned a large water dragon which Dong Fang easily avoided.

--- excerpt from the novel "Daybreak"---

Yu Zeng looked at the villain in front of him. Seeing him so near me, makes me want to disappear in an instant. Why are they near me? Are they going to team up against me? Yu Zeng tried to step back but Heng Guiying stopped him from doing so. Heng Guiying's arm was still on his shoulder and Yu Zeng felt Heng Guiying slightly tightened his hold.

I should settle this and ask what their problems with me are but not here. Yu Zeng thought. "We should talk somewhere more private."

"More private?" Dong Fang had an indiscernible smile on his face. He coldly looked at Heng Guiying.

"Yes." Yu Zeng slightly nodded his head. He looked around and saw some disciples looking at them strangely.

Bo Chang who was watching them felt something was off. He glanced at Ai Jin and saw the surprised expression on her face.

Why does it look like they are going after that representative from the East sect? "Let's practice somewhere." Bo Chang smiled goofily at Ai Jin who just ignored and glared at him.

I wish this Bo Chang would just leave me alone. Where are they going? Are they fighting to who will practice with me? Ai Jin looked at Mei Shu who was standing next to her and Mei Shu smirked at her.

"I told you." Mei Shu said in a low voice but Ai Jin just ignored her. Mei Shu glowered at Yu Zeng walking away from the place with Heng Guiying and Dong Fang behind him.

I need to settle this, it's now or never. Yu Zeng thought. They walked a good distance away from the place near the hot spring.

"Are you going to fight me?" Yu Zeng took a deep breath. There's a lot of water here.

"What? Fight? I can never fight you?" Heng Guiying smiled coolly. He let the sun basked his handsome features. "Well, maybe he will." Heng Guiying looked at the villain who was leaning on a tree near them with eyes closed.

He suddenly opened his eyes and walked towards them. His golden eyes showed a subtle gentleness as he looked at Yu Zeng. "If I have the option, I won't fight you."

Yu Zeng slightly looked up to scan his face. What's happening? I thought they wanted to fight against me. He didn't know how to respond to what they said. He couldn't find the right words to say. I just jumped into conclusions.

"Ah... Okay... so, let's go back." He managed to say those words and walked but stopped when he noticed that the protagonist and villain didn't move and stayed in place. He felt an intense atmosphere surrounding them like they were about to start fighting.

"Let's go back." Yu Zeng immediately walked away without waiting for their reply. We should go back, I left Wei Shun there. Wait, I should've asked why they are always getting near me! Oh well, I'll just ask them next time.