32. Gone with the wind...

---***---

He Shui looked at Yu Zeng who was walking closer to where Dong Fang was and held Dong Fang's hand. He coldly looked at them and remembered the relationship he once had with Zhou Zhihao which ended in tragedy.

(Start of flashback)

I now completely lost my element. He Shui sadly looked at the palm of his hands in disbelief. Zhou Zhihao was sitting on a chair next to his bed and held He Shui's hand.

"It's okay. We will find a way." Zhou Zhihao tried to look at He Shui's eyes who were avoiding his gaze. "We can do this, as long as we are together." Zhou Zhihao said in a comforting voice.

There was a pregnant silence between them.

"Ah! I have an idea. I heard of a golden fruit before." He Shui suddenly said with hope in his eyes.

"You mean~~" Zhou Zhihao looked at him worriedly.

"Yes! The fruit that can only be found here in the main sect and only a grandmaster's heart is the key." He Shui excitedly said.

"But it's only a legend and be careful about what you say. Someone might hear you." Zhou Zhihao had a bad feeling about it. He took a deep breath while holding his chest trying to calm his emotions. He was worried about what He Shui would do this time.

"We don't know what the future holds. So, are you with me?" He Shui took Zhou Zhihao's hand which was holding his chest and lightly planted a kiss on it.

"But... are we going to kill the~~~?" Zhou Zhihao couldn't continue what he was about to say.

"Yes. Remember, this is not only for me but also for everyone. If only everyone loses their elements then there would be equality and we can live in peace. I'm sure that the grandmaster would understand our good intentions." He Shui let go of Zhou Zhihao's hand and tried to stand by himself.

Are you really the He Shui I knew? Zhou Zhihao stared at him in disbelief. "I'm sorry but I can't support you at this time. Let us just think of other ways."

He Shui felt disappointed and turned his back against him. "If you can't help me then I will just do it myself."

Zhou Zhihao sadly looked at his back and decided to leave the room for a while but when he returned, He Shui was no longer there and could not be found in the sect.

(End of Flashback)

"You are going to pay for everything you did!" Yu Zeng interrupted He Shui's thoughts bringing him back to the present.

"Pay? Pay for what? The golden fruit I ate is the answer to all of our problems and the elemental fruit I gave to Ai Jin was the last one." He Shui bitterly smiled while taking a glance at the lifeless body of the grandmaster.

"I don't need to pay for anything. If you just stand in my way, it would be better to wipe you along with your friends." He Shui continued and raised his hand which emitted a golden glow. Yu Zeng tried to summon his element but it was no use as it was like all the energy in his body left making him exhausted.

Upon seeing the state Yu Zeng was in, He Shui lifted the corner of his lips. He wasted no time and immediately unsheathed the sword hanging in his waist. He was about to attack Yu Zeng when a large boulder appeared in front of him.

"Who~~~?" Yu Zeng had a thin light of hope and looked at where the body of the protagonist was lying but he was disappointed as the body had no sign of life. He looked around and felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey." a hoarse voice sounded from behind him. The familiar voice brought a sense of security and warmth to Yu Zeng's heart. He looked back and saw Dong Fang standing tall and handsome.

"Oh! I see. Congratulations! You have survived and gained the four elements but for how long?" He Shui said in a mocking tone.

"You!!!" Dong Fang glared at him.

"Is this how you greet your father?" He Shui smirked and raised his hand emitting golden light.

Huh? Father? Him? Both Yu Zeng and Wei Shun were shocked upon hearing what the man said.

Dong Fang summoned a water dragon and was about to attack the man when he felt all the energy in his body was disappearing and the water dragon he summoned burst in midair.

He Shui wasted no time and pointed his hand towards Wei Shun and again a golden light emitted from it. The child tightened his fist and tried to attack the man but to no avail as he couldn't summon his element.

What the... Dong Fang tried to summon the wind but still with no result. Then, he tried to summon his element which was fire but he couldn't summon it either.

"Oh... ever heard of the golden fruit?" He Shui smiled evilly at them.

Golden fruit? I haven't read it in the book. Yu Zeng looked around nervously like trying to find some answers then he felt someone touching his hand like reassuring him that everything would be okay. He glanced at Doing Fang who was glaring at the man.

How could I not have heard of it? I heard you talking about it in your sleep once when I was young, so, I got curious and I did a little research about it. Golden fruit, a fruit that when eaten could nullify that person's power in exchange for nullification power. Dong Fang expressionlessly looked at the man in front of him. You took off your mask. I wonder why and when.

The man's attention was focused on both Dong Fang and Yu Zeng. Unbeknownst to them, Wei Shun slowly walked away from where he was previously standing and towards the rope tied to a tree that held the candle chandelier above He Shui. The chandelier had a four bronze fixture wrapped in hemp rope. Wei Shun cut the rope with the knife, the only thing he got after his town got attacked.

It was too late when He Shui noticed the chandelier falling towards him. He was about to summon his element but just as the chandelier hit him. He remembered that like the people in front of him, he too lost his power.

I have finally avenged my parents and friends. Wei Shun looked at the man underneath the chandelier and walked towards Yu Zeng and Dong Fang.

At first, He Shui struggled to push the chandelier away from him but to no avail. He looked around and saw Zhou Zhihao lying far from him. He remembered the happy expression on Zhou Zhihao's face while looking at him in the past. He tried to slowly crawl towards the bloody body of the man he once cherished but he couldn't move his body away from the chandelier. He Shui smiled bitterly before closing his eyes. His body slowly turned into dust, carried away by the wind.

Yu Zeng gripped the hand of the man standing near him and he placed his other hand on the shoulder of the child standing next to him.

(...to be continued.)

---***---
.

...reviews are welcome! (^^♪

The author has something to say:

The end of this book is near. Thank you for all for reading and for subscribing to this story. I appreciate all your comments. 💕

Feel free to check my other stories. 💕