33. A Dream or a Nightmare?

---***---

Yu Zeng heard footsteps and saw the other disciples coming in their direction.

After defeating the large creature Ai Jin, Mei Shu, and the others decided to go to where the grandmaster was to help him fight the man in the mask, but they were shocked when they saw two lifeless bodies lying on the ground.

"What happened?" Mei Shu coldly looked at Yu Zeng demanding an answer. The other disciples also looked at Yu Zeng waiting for his reply.

Yu Zeng wanted to tell what happened but he didn't know where to start.

"They fought.... and we lost our elements." Dong Fang suddenly answered with a serious expression on his face.

Everyone gasped and unbelievingly looked at Dong Fang.

"Where is he? Where is the man who killed them?" Bo Chang asked with anger in his voice.

"He is already dead." This time, Yu Zeng answered while looking at the fallen chandelier on the ground with pieces of black cloth under it. Everyone looked in the direction where Yu Zeng was looking and talked among themselves.

"What should we do now?"

"We should wait for the sect leaders."

"Yes."

Yu Zeng bowed his head and felt sad about what happened. If I haven't transmigrated, would the protagonist and the grandmaster lose their lives?

Yu Zeng suddenly heard the low and husky voice of Dong Fang against his ear.

"It's alright...we didn't want this to happen. As long as we are together...we can surpass this." Dong Fang looked around and at his hands.

Yu Zeng nodded and prevented the tears from falling from his eyes while looking at the body of Heng Guiying and the grandmaster that was now moved by the other disciples.

Mei Shu who looked at Yu Zeng standing next to Doing Fang felt anger slowly rising in her heart but she couldn't do anything to separate them.

Ai Jin who was standing next to Mei Shu bit her lower lip and with tears in her eyes looked at the body of Heng Guiying and the grandmaster lying on a white cloth laid on the ground.

Probably, the grandmaster wanted me to fight against that creature along with the others... for my protection. Heng Guiying who was also fighting the creature didn't tell me that he was going to fight my father, maybe because he thought that fighting alongside him against that man could hurt me. Oh! Both handsome men died for me. Ai Jin felt sad and guiltily glanced at Dong Fang who was standing next to Yu Zeng. I'm glad he is alright.

It was not long before the sect leaders arrived in the main sect and heard everything that happened from the disciples. They were distressed with the news and at the same time furious at Ai Jin's thoughtless action. As a result, she was banished from the sect, never to be seen again.

The sect leaders of both the East and South sects who were shocked upon knowing that their disciples no longer possessed their elements immediately called Yu Zeng, Dong Fang, and Wei Shun. They wanted to find a solution to bring back their elements but Yu Zeng, Dong Fang, and Wei Shun politely declined their offer and decided to leave the sect after the burial of the grandmaster and Heng Guiying's body in the sacred burial ground located in the forests hidden with a fence made of wood, brick, and stones shrouded with tall trees.
.
.
.
.
.
Many people wanted to attend the funeral of their beloved grandmaster who worked hard to achieve his accomplishments and protected them but they couldn't for only a few people were allowed to go inside the sacred burial ground.

The parents of Heng Guiying who were called and were devastated upon knowing that they lost their only son, stood with eyes filled with tears in front of the burial mound of their son.
.
.
.
.
.
After the funeral, Yu Zeng, Dong Fang, and Wei Shun decided to immediately leave the sect after saying farewell to their sect leaders but before they could take a step out of place, Mei Shu came running in their direction.

"Dong Fang! Is this really your decision?" She looked at the man in front of her.

"Yes." Dong Fang said coldly and turned his back against Mei Shu without looking back while holding the hand of Yu Zeng.

Mei Shu just looked at them and for the first time in her life, she admitted defeat... against Yu Zeng.

Yu Zeng felt his face slowly heating up and his heartbeat beating faster. Wei Shun who was standing next to Yu Zeng looked at his brother worriedly for he saw his brother taking a deep breath. Wei Shun looked at Dong Fang whose lips were curved up while looking at Yu Zeng. Why is big brother Dong Fang smiling?

"We will go to the town close to the South sect." Dong Fang said while remembering the house his mother previously lived in.

Yu Zeng and Wei Shun had no objections and started walking down the mountain.

At first, the weather was fine but it suddenly rained, wetting the soil and making it slippery. Yu Zeng wanted to take an umbrella from his interspacial ring but decided not to because the weather was unpredictable and it would just be a waste of time and effort.

Dong Fang was walking in front of Yu Zeng followed by Wei Shun. The ground was not even and had some scattered dried leaves. Yu Zeng was about to take a step forward when he accidentally stepped on a pebble and lost his balance. Fortunately, Dong Fang was able to catch him while holding his waist.

"Are you okay big brother?" Wei Shun worriedly asked.

"Yes. Thank you." He gently pushed Dong Fang away from him and stood. What's with that position ah. I now realize that I like him but what if I gross him out. Yu Zeng slightly smiled at Dong Fang. He said he likes me but it is probably as a friend.

Dong Fang just nodded and continued walking forward.

It took them five days before reaching the town. Dong Fang felt relieved that the house his mother previously lived in was still there but it was full of cobwebs. They went inside the house and Yu Zeng saw a blue teardrop stone on the table. He felt that its shape is so familiar. He took the necklace from his ring and slowly walked towards the table and gently picked the stone, wiping away its dust. He placed the stone in the necklace and it matches. He suddenly felt an intense pain in his head making his mind go blank and the surroundings went. Before losing consciousness, he felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around his body desperately calling his name.
.
.
.
.
.
Yu Zeng slowly opened his eyes and heard the gentle pitter-pattering rain outside. He looked around the familiar room he was in. Where are Dong Fang and Wei Shun? Why am I here?

Yu Zeng saw his phone on the floor. He opened it and found out that the latest chapter of the novel, "Daybreak".

He tried to suppress his emotions.

"Was it all a dream? But why does it feel so real." Maybe it's because I have read that novel before falling asleep? Yu Zeng wiped a single tear that escaped from his eyes and stood up from the chair. He remembered that he was about to get the clothes he hung outside. He went outside to get the clothes he hung but it was too late as all the clothes were completely wet.

He absentmindedly stayed under the rain and tears started to fall from his eyes. Yu Zeng tried to wipe away the tears along with the rainwater from his face.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He opened his eyes and looked around. What caught his attention were the flowers from his two strawberry plants planted in hanging plastic bottles. He looked at the flowers for a long time and found out that although being hit by the rain, it didn't wash away its beauty. He slightly smiled and decided to go back inside his room. He tried to cover the pain he was feeling. He changed his clothes and dried his hair. He still couldn't take away the people he met in his dream from his mind, especially the time he spent with them.

"Was it all a dream or a nightmare?"

---End---

...reviews are welcome! (^^♪
.
.
.
.
.
.
The author has something to say:

Thank you for reading and subscribing to this story. 💕
I appreciate all your votes and comments. ❤
Stay tuned for extra chapters. ^_<