25. Elemental Fruit

---***---

The two disciples were shocked at how fast Yu Zeng responded, they stopped and quickly walked towards them. Dong Fang breathed heavily and beads of sweat were visible on his forehead. Many disciples were shocked and Yu Zeng stood frozen; he didn't know what to do.

My element does not affect him! This is not in the book. What should I do? He could see that Dong Fang was looking at him with a pained expression on his face. At first, he hesitated to hold the villain because of the blue flame surrounding the villain's body but in the end, he decided to hold the villain's hand and was shocked at how cold his hand was. The blue flame didn't hurt Yu Zeng at all. Yu Zeng could feel the villain gripping his hand tightly like it was his lifeline. Yu Zeng felt like he was holding a block of ice but he didn't care. I will do anything for you.

Zhou Zhihao walked towards Dong Fang and Yu Zeng. He slightly furrowed his eyebrows for he had seen this kind of situation before.

"Elemental fruit." Zhou Zhihao spoke in a low voice. The grandmaster was reminded of a painful memory from his past and he felt a pang in his chest.

Elemental fruit? Yu Zeng widened his eyes and remembered that the author once mentioned it in the novel but didn't really explain further the origins of this rare fruit. He had read in the book that one of the grandmaster's friends lost his power after eating this fruit in hopes of strengthening his element and having the four elements (fire, water, wind, and earth). After what happened, that disciple was devastated and left the sect and he was never seen again.

Since that incident, leaders of each sect had banned this fruit but how did the villain eat it? Where did he get it? How did the villain get hold of this fruit? Yu Zeng couldn't think of any possible possibilities the villain could acquire this rare fruit. Yu Zeng sadly looked at the villain lying on the ground while still gripping his hand.

It's up to the villain on how to win this situation. I wish I could help him and share the pain he is feeling. If he gives up, then he would lose his power but if he successfully surpasses this obstacle, he would become invincible.

He looked around and saw a seriously-looking protagonist sitting in his seat and Wei Shun standing near Heng Guiying. He also saw Mei Shu near the stadium looking coldly at him and a hint of worriedness in her eyes. His gaze fell on the heroine who was still at the center of the stadium with horror on her delicate face.

After a few minutes, the fire enveloping Dong Fang somehow subsided and the disciples carried him to his room.

Ai Jin stood in horror. This was not what she wanted to happen. She just wanted to win and prove to him that she is better. She then remembered what happened two nights ago.

(Start of flashback)

The night was moonless and the wind was blowing the trees heavily. She decided to go into the deep part of the forest to vent her emotions.

Am I not beautiful enough? Heng Guiying and Yu Zeng did spare me a glance but I wanted more. Dong Fang even ignored me! Ai Jin looked at the fire emerging from her fingertips. She was about to throw a fireball on the ground when a familiar figure appeared in front of her motioning her to follow him.

She decided to follow him and walked farther away from the main sect.

"Father, what are you doing here?" Ai Jin looked at the man wearing a mask.

"Just visiting my daughter." The man said coldly.

Ai Jin stared at the man's golden eyes before tears were slowly piling in her emerald eyes.

"Father, I have someone I like but that person doesn't spare me a glance." Ai Jin's tears were threatening to fall. Actually, he is one of the people I like but I don't like being ignored.

The handsome man in front of them looked at the distant main sect then shifted his attention to Ai Jin.

"I have a special fruit here. With this, you can have the heart of the person you like for all eternity."

Ai Jin looked at the rainbow-colored fruit in the man's hands and couldn't help but worry. I don't want to use this kind of method but... She decided to accept it and felt the softness of the fruit. Its skin was so shiny and soft.

"Father, you should go now." Ai Jin said

"What's this cold treatment? Don't you miss me?" The man smirked though Ai Jin couldn't see it.

"I know that you didn't come here because of me." Ai Jin glared at the man.

"Just think what you want to think." The man immediately vanished.

Ai Jin hid the rainbow-colored fruit and immediately walked towards the main sect.

(End of flashback)

I'm sorry Dong Fang. I didn't mean to. Ai Jin looked at Dong Fang who was being carried by the two disciples, she bit her lips and tried to prevent the tears from falling into her eyes.

Mei Shu looked around and noticed the uneasiness over Ai Jin's face. She should feel happy about winning. She wanted to follow them, but she was afraid she might lash on Yu Zeng for she saw he didn't let go of Dong Fang's hand even once. What a leech!
.
.
.
.
.
Yu Zeng tried to pull his hand from Dong Fang's hold, but he couldn't set his hand free. They arrived in their room and noticed that Wei Shun had followed them.

"Big brother, Heng Guiying said that he will come here later." Wei Shun said and sat next to Yu Zeng.

"Is big brother Dong Fang feeling better?" Wei Shun asked worriedly.

Yu Zeng heard the child's question, but he remained silent. I don't know.

He stayed with Wei Shun to watch the still unconscious Dong Fang.

Yu Zeng was sitting on a chair next to Dong Fang's bed when he suddenly fell asleep.

He was awoken by a gentle tap on his shoulder.

(... to be continued.)

---***---

reviews are welcome ^^

I apologize for my late update. 😭

Author's Notes:

Thank you so much for reading this story and for all your votes and comments. 💕 Thank you too for subscribing! :)

Spoiler for the next chapter:

Child? Yu Zeng suddenly looked at his small hands and was surprised when he saw his reflection in the mirror.

Feel free to check my other stories. 💕