26. Is this a dream?

---***---

Yu Zeng slowly opened his eyes and noticed that he was now lying on the bed. His back felt comfortable against the soft mattress. He felt really tired and sleepy. He was about to close his eyes again when he heard a gentle voice calling his name.

"Yu Zeng, it's time to eat." A female voice spoke.

Yu Zeng slowly turned around and saw a woman with a gentle expression on her face. She was wearing a light green robe with wide sleeves. "Mother?"

"Yes." The woman smiled at him.

Yu Zeng looked around and saw that he was in a different room and the villain was nowhere to be seen. Where is the villain? Is this a dream? Why am I in a different room?

"It's now time to eat breakfast." The woman saw the confused look on Yu Zeng's face. "Did you have a bad dream?" She patted his shoulder.

Yu Zeng's tear fell and suddenly hugged the woman in front of him.

I miss you, mom. She really looks like my mother in the real world. I was still young when both my mother and my father passed away. After that, I was sent to an orphanage far from home by my relatives. I can't really remember most of what happened during my childhood days but I remember that my father's sister didn't like me. When I grow up and left the orphanage, I didn't return to my hometown. I just tried to survive and lived my life. Yu Zeng couldn't prevent the tears that were slowly falling from his eyes. I really don't know what is happening in my life right now but I'm glad to meet my mother once again.

"This child is really sticky ah." His mother said while rubbing his hair. "Come, let's eat breakfast before the food becomes cold. Why are you crying? Are you in pain?"

Child? Yu Zeng unwrapped his arms around the woman's waist and just noticed his small hands. He was surprised when he saw his reflection in the mirror.

Am I dreaming? Why do I become a child? Did I transmigrate to another world? But she called me Yu Zeng, right? This story of mine is getting more complicated ah. Yu Zeng pinched hard his chubby cheek and felt pain. He bit his lip and tears once again flowed from his eyes.

"Silly child. I know that you are cute. Don't do that again, it's painful." The woman smiled and rubbed Yu Zeng's reddened cheek. She stood up.

"I cooked your favorite, steamed vegetable dumpling." His mother said with a smile on her face while holding his chubby hands, guiding him towards the dining area.

Yu Zeng looked around the house and saw many things with intricate design and decoration from the chairs at the dining table to the eating utensils. He saw fried rice, soup, and dumplings on the table. They were the only people in the room. Yu Zeng looked outside the window in hopes of finding other people but the place was so quiet. He decided to sit and eat.

"Mother, where is father?" Yu Zeng suddenly asked after drinking water. I really want to see if he also looks like my father in the real world.

"He already went to work. Do you already miss your father?" His mother teased him. She noticed that his son kept on looking outside the window. Maybe he already misses his father. She thought and smiled.

Yu Zeng felt embarrassed and shooked his head. "No, I just want to... I just want to ask him about something."

"Really? Okay, if you say so. Don't worry, you'll see him after his work " His mother said while putting dumplings on his plate.
.
.
.
.
.
After eating, Yu Zeng decided to go outside but before he could take a step outside he saw his mother walking towards him while carrying a small circular bamboo container.

"Yu Zeng, you should bring some food to eat while playing outside. You just ate a little food during breakfast."

Yu Zeng hesitated but nodded his head and accepted the bamboo container.

"Thank you, mother." He said and left the house while carrying the container filled with dumplings. He was planning to eat it somewhere under the shade of the tree and to think about what to do with his situation right now. He didn't notice that he had gotten far from their house and bumped into someone.

Yu Zeng almost spilled the contents of the bamboo container he was holding. He looked at the young boy sitting on the ground who was wearing ragged clothing. His golden eyes showed fear while looking at Yu Zeng.

He looked really familiar! Wait! The villain? Why did he shrink? Where is his mask? Why is he wearing ragged clothing? Yu Zeng extended his hand to help the villain stand but the villain was so scared that he stood immediately. Yu Zeng then heard a stomach grumbling. The villain looked at him shyly and was about to walk away when Yu Zeng dragged the villain towards a tree nearby and gave him a dumpling from the container he was holding.

"Th-thank you." The villain smiled shyly which surprised Yu Zeng. He is really shy ah. They sat on the grass under the tree. The villain slowly ate the dumpling and was afraid of making any sounds.

Yu Zeng, on the other hand, looked around and saw a place full of fields filled with different kinds of plants and flowers. He saw his house a bit far from the place. I wonder if I have water magic. Yu Zeng kept looking at his hand while opening and closing it but the water didn't come out. He decided to lift his hand in midair and closed his eyes, concentrating his energy but still, nothing came out. When he opened his eyes and looked around, he noticed a strange look from the villain. I forgot that he is here!

Yu Zeng smiled awkwardly and handed him another dumpling.

"It's okay. Thank you. I'm full." The villain suddenly fished something from his pocket and handed it to Yu Zeng.

"For you." He said.

Mr. Villain, you're acting out of character ah... but is this part of the book? Yu Zeng saw all the bruises and wounds on Dong Fang's hands when he handed him the necklace. Who did this to the villain? Yu Zeng felt sad.

Yu Zeng was shocked when he saw an infinity flame necklace, its chain was like small leaves intertwined with one another but its stone is missing. It is very similar to what my family owned in real life. It was the only thing that I was able to take and keep before I was sent to the orphanage. I still have it and keep it safe before transmigrating. Just what is happening? I can't recall this part in the original character's memory. Did I time travel? Is this a parallel universe?

(... to be continued.)

---***---

... reviews are welcome! :)

Author's Notes:

Yu Zeng kept looking at his hand while opening and closing it but the water didn't come out. He decided to lift his hand in midair and closed his eyes, concentrating his energy but still, nothing came out. When he opened his eyes and looked around, he noticed a strange look from the villain

Villain: "..." Scary!

Spoiler for the next chapter:

I really have a bad feeling about this. Why is the plot drifting too much from the original storyline ah? Yu Zeng looked around...

Feel free to check my other stories. 💕