Chapter 19

Start the song when you see start song

Ashley's POV:

I charged towards the fence but was tugged back.

Darn, they just had to put on a bridle

I reared, bucked, charged at the gate, and even tried to lay down on my back. But all my attempts went in vain. He steered me towards the gate and I obeyed. He told the men to open the gate and led me to a track.

What's goin on?!

He flicked the reins and I went into a walk. He clicked his tongue and I went into a trot. He whistled and I went into a canter. He patted my head as I went into a gallop. I went past the finish line and reared in victory. Adam flicked the reins again and I started going another lap. We did this for hours and I'm still not tired. Adam on the other hand was pooped. I stopped at the finish line. He was about to get off when I took off. I did 3 more laps before stopping. Adam hopped off and handed me to the stablehand. I looked at Adam who was hovering over a bucket and puking. The stablehand cringed and put me back in my stall.

Hunter's POV:

We just came back from the run but Ashley never returned. Her scent was faint and it led to the village. The people parted as we rode on our Friesian horses. My horse, was a tall, strong, well-built black Friesian horse. His name is Black Beauty, like from the book. Heather had a tall, somewhat strong yet delicate white Friesian. Her name is called Snowflake. Ashton was riding a black Friesian. He's strong but very clumsy sometimes. His name is Coal. I flicked the reins and went into a trot as soon as I picked up her scent. We reached the Nightshade pack border in about 5 days and dismounted our horses.

"Stay here Black Beauty, same with you Snowflake." I commanded.

They neighed and bowed their heads down in understanding. Coal neighed and nipped at my hair.

I swatted him away and said, "Coal, you stay here too, all of you guys must protect each other"

They neighed and walked to the meadow a few feet away and started munching on the grass and flowers there.

I turned around and yelled, "Hello?! Anyone there?"

I sound so stupid 🤣

A wolf walked out and shifted. I quickly covered Heather's eyes but she shoved me away as soon as his clothes were on. I bowed to show that we come in peace as the others followed. He narrowed his eyes at us. His eyes fogged over and soon 1 wolf came out. He was in his human form.

"Alpha Hunter, Alpha Ashton, and... some other person, what brings you here?" Heather growled.

"I have a name you know!" She glared at him.

Adam whistled and a beautiful Gypsy horse walked over. He patted her head and hopped on.

"Come, and bring your horses" he flicked the reins but the Gypsy horse didn't budge.

He sighed, "Come on Shadow" he flicked the reins again, but this time harder.

Shadow reared and galloped towards what I think is his house.

"Alpha Adam, how did you get this horse? She is quite beautiful" I asked.

"I bought her from a man named Liam" he answered and hopped off.

He handed the reins to a stablehand and guided her to the stables. I stared at Shadow as she walked until she disappeared. I heard a loud neigh and a scream. Shadow ran out of the stable frantically. I was quick to get a hold of her reins and calm her down. The stablehand was being chased by a... cat???