Chapter 4

"He was absolutely boring", I said to Xavier the next day. "All that he talked about the whole freaking time was football. And you know, Xavier, how much of a football fan I am not. We are failing in our Operation boyfriend."

"Don't worry Ethan", Xavier said, "I have found a suitable boy for my bestie!" I turned to him. "Who do you have in mind?" He grinned and said mischievously, "You'll see during our maths class." I rolled my eyes in annoyance as we both entered the classroom for the most hated subject of eternity - Mathematics. Ugh!

As I sat on my bench, I heard soft footsteps approaching me from behind. Could it...could it be my future boyfriend that Xavier had arranged for me? The footsteps stopped beside me and I grinned.

"Xavier told me that you needed help in Maths. I'm willing to be your tutor for two weeks."

I knew that voice!

I snapped my head up instantly to see the King of Nerds standing before me - Colin Brown. Colin - freaking - Brown! WTF had Xavier been thinking?! How could he possibly think that me and Colin could be - Ugh! This boy was the nerdiest of all nerds with straight A+ in all tests and with his nose buried in some book every single time. Not that I had anything against nerds, but Colin was just...Nope. He was not boyfriend material. (What the hell is 'boyfriend material' anyway?)

As I stared up at his round glasses, I smiled politely and said,"Thanks but no thanks. I don't think I need a tutor." Colin just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. I looked at Xavier and found him laughing silently at me. I shot him a I'll kill you later look and stood up as our maths teacher Mr. Thomas entered the classroom.

"So students, here's your last week's test papers", he smiled evilly as he handed us our marksheets. Oh shit! shit! shit! I had completely forgotten about last week's test. I felt the pace of my heartbeat increase as he thrust my paper at me with a very, very wicked glare. I gulped and looked down at the dreaded test paper.

D.

A freaking D! This was not good at all. Infact, it was very, very bad. A 'bad' with a capital B and three exclamation marks at the end. I seriously needed to work on increasing my maths marks, otherwise I'm sure I'd go crazy. I needed to do something about it. Hmmmm...

At the end of the class, I found myself approaching Colin. He looked up at me with surprise and pushed his glasses up his nose.

"Hi Colin", I said cheerfully as I batted my eyelashes at him,"I was wondering if you'd like to tutor me?"

Guys, please please please do VOTE! You can see that I have so few votes like only 2 or 3. So please do vote and enjoy reading!

And guys you should read the stories (BXB) of a writer called OnUrKneesPls. His stories are awesome! And don't forget...

VOTE!