Chapter 7

I woke up to a pounding headache and an upset stomach. Before I could even open my eyes fully, a wave of nausea hit me and I felt all the contents of my stomach rise up to my throat.  I rushed clumsily to the bathroom and threw up. It was when I finally raised my head that I realised that I was in Xavier's room.

How the hell did I get here? I was in the party when - Yesterday's memories came rushing to my head, adding to the pounding. Tears prickled my eyes but I wiped it before it could flow down my cheeks. I would pretend that it never happened. I don't want to end up depressed and scared.

I walked back to Xavier's room and found him waking up. "Hey", he muttered groggily,"Are you okay?" I slid beside him again and replied,"My head hurts like hell. Hangover is the worst feeling."

"About yesterday - "

"I don't wanna talk about it, Xavier. Please?"

He sighed. "Ok."

After a minute of silence, when I was about to drift to sleep again, Xavier said in a dull tone,"I broke up with Amy yesterday."

My eyes shot open instantly. I turned to him. "Why?"

"I caught her sleeping with someone else in one of the rooms upstairs", he sighed,"And please don't give me that I told you so lecture."

"Ok I won't", I said, "...But I told you! I told you that she's a slut and I also told you that - "

"Ethan!"

"Ok, ok...but I told you!"

He huffed and punched my arm lightly. I faked a cry and said,"Ow!"

Xavier rolled his eyes and said in a baby tone, "Did I hurt you, baby?"

"Yes!", I cried and rubbed my arm. "I'm really sorry, baby", he apologised. "Your sorry doesn't matter because my arm is bruised!", I whined.

"Then let me make it better", he smirked and started massaging my 'bruised' arm.

This felt good - lying on the bed with my best friend and just fooling around. It made me forget everything. Who the hell needed a boyfriend when there's a best friend?

"Hey", Xavier said,"Is Operation Boyfriend still on?"

I hesitated and found myself nodding my head. "Yup."

I'm not gonna back down.

I know that the chapters are short but I'm trying to make them longer. And don't forget to VOTE...Please!