Chapter 18

A small blanket was set on the grassy floor with baskets of food, surrounded by candles. From this position, a magnificent view of the world below could be seen - thousands of small yellow dots shining in the dark night.

"Wow", I whispered, awed by the sight before me. "I...I...", I muttered, "I'm speechless."

"You like it?", Xavier asked nervously.

"I love it!", I cried as I hugged my best friend - I mean, my boyfriend. I was so so so happy! This felt like paradise!

"Shall we eat?", he asked. I nodded as we both sat down on the blanket. The basket was filled with pizza, cakes and a bottle of wine complete with two wine glasses. No dinner - no date could be as perfect as this.

After we finished our meal, Xavier played a song from his cell phone. He stood up and held up his hand, asking,"Can I have a dance?"

I grinned as I took his hand. Soon, both of us were wrapped in an embrace, moving slowly with the song....

Heart beats fast, Colours and promises

How to be brave? How can I love when I'm afraid to fall

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubts suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years

I love you for a thousand more...

(A thousand years by Christina Perri)

I sighed happily. And when we both leaned in for a long, passionate kiss, I was already floating in cloud nine.

"I love you..."

"I love you more..."

And that was how our perfect date came to an end.

That was so cheesy. Ugh!