Chapter 21

5 YEARS LATER

Ughhh....

This job was horrible! My head was aching and my eyes were red and burning. My job, my salary and my life just sucks!

I had finished my college just a year ago and now I was here working in a crammed 'office' sitting in front of a stupid computer dealing with stupid customers.

I work in a call centre.

I groaned and rubbed my temples. Only 21, and I was already beginning to feel old. Ughhh...

Finally, my shift ended. I stretched my cramped body and then left the office as fast as I could.

Ah! Fresh air! Yummm...

As I walked down the road towards my apartment that I had bought last year, I dashed into someone.

"I'm so sorry!", I apologized.

"Ethan?"

I looked up and saw the face that I had never expected to see again. I had almost forgotten him, but now here he was, standing before me.

"Colin? Oh my god, you've changed!"

Colin Brown, the King of Nerds, was not so nerdy now. His glasses had disappeared, his hair was styled in a neat fashion and he looked...different. Nice different.

"Wow!", I exclaimed as I checked him out.

He smiled shyly. "So...what are you doing now?"

"Ah! I'm working at a call centre just down the street", I said, embarrassed.

"Oh...I'm an accountant."

"That's good."

"Yeah...umm..I - I gotta go. See ya around."

"Bye!"

Phew! That was awkward.

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that this story is about to be finished. Only one or two chapters left. Cuz I wasn't feeling to write this story anymore. In the meantime, check out my other stories if you want. Thanks! ♥