Chapter 8

"Noooo!", I protested. "What if he is a murderer? Or a kidnapper? Or some - "

"He is a normal person, ok?"

I huffed. Aaaargh!!!

My dear old best friend had arranged a surprise for me. A blind date. A freaking stupid blind date with someone whom I don't even know! I know that that's the whole point of a blind date - not knowing your date, but that's what makes me feel uncomfortable and uneasy. What if he was a psychopath?

"It's almost time", Xavier said, "You should get going." I sighed and started walking as he bid me a good night. My date and I were supposed to dine at a restaurant. Ugh! I'm not really looking forward to this date. I had a bad feeling about it.

I entered Chef's Palace restaurant and looked around. Table no. 5. That was our table. And sure enough, a boy was already seated there. My date. My freaking date who looked nothing like I had imagined.

He had a big belly.

He had pimples all over his face.

And his whole face was red.

And he was sweating. Badly.

Honestly, he would have made a very good santa claus.

I don't have anything against fat people, but this dude was...something else. He wasn't dressed property and he looked...dirty. Ugh!

Dear god, I have a freaking Santa Claus for my date. And he's unhygienic. Thanks Xavier.

"Hi", I nervously approached the boy. "Hi", he muttered politely as he pulled the chair for me. Wow, what a gentleman. Maybe what he lacks in appearance, he makes up for it with his personality. I sat down and thanked him. We both stared at each other as silence engulfed us, studying each other's features.

He had a fair amount of freckles. And a mole on his nose. And of course, a lot of pimples all over his (red and sweaty) face. I gave a weak smile.

"My name is Ethan Ezekiel", I said after clearing my throat. "I'm Ron Parris", he replied as he wiped his sweaty forehead with a dirty handkerchief. Just then, a waitress appeared to take our orders. I just ordered fried rice with chicken whereas Ron ordered -

"Fried rice, hamburger, egg rolls, chicken soup, pasta with extra cheese, fish curry and a big bowl of strawberry icecream for dessert."

I stared at him with wide eyes. What did I get myself into? Of course I too love eating. A lot. But... he ordered like a pig. And he even ate like a pig. I don't mean to sound so offending, but damn, this guy lacked etiquette! Wow...This guy is definitely not gonna be my boyfriend. Nope. Never in a trillion light years.

Gobble! Gobble! Chomp! Chomp! Slurp! Munch!

We both finished our dinners at the same time, which honestly shocked me, considering the large difference in the amount of our dinner. Now what?

Suddenly, Ron stood up and blurted,"Oh shit! I forgot something! I'm sorry Ethan but I gotta go! Thanks for tonight! Bye!"

I watched with wide eyes as he rushed away.

WHAT. THE. F#@!

Did he - did he just ditch me? How could he just leave me and go away? How could he just gobble his dinner and go away? That huge, greedy son of a -

"Sir, bill."

Great. have to pay the bill.

I was fuming with anger and embarrassment. So that was his plan, huh? To eat the dinner and not pay for it. Greedy asshole of a pig! I knew something bad would happen in this stupid blind date.

I glanced at the bill.

$200.89

Great. Just great.

I'm gonna make Xavier pay every cent of this stupid dinner when I return.

Guys I really really tried to make this chapter funny but I guess I don't have much sense of humour. I'm not very good at writing funny scenes so forgive me. And I'm really sorry if I've offended anyone  with all the references to body weight. I'm really sorry. :(

And please don't forget to VOTE! ♥

oh...and please please do check out my other stories - A BIRD IN THE SKY and GUNS AND ROSES and THE ODD ONE OUT.