Chapter 9

It had begun snowing. The flowers had withered and trees were bare. The world was covered in a white blanket of snow and it reminded everyone of the approaching Christmas.

One week.

Christmas was only one week away. One week was all I had. I needed to find a boyfriend. I didn't want everyone to make fun of me anymore just because I was single. And I guess I've been single for far two long. I'm 17 years old after all.

I was standing in my white garden, just looking around me. I blew out a breath like a puff of smoke and watched it fade away. I sighed and closed my eyes. After Christmas holidays were over, we had exams in mid January and then graduation. Freedom. No more school. Everyone would separate and go to different colleges. We would finally enter the adult world.

And I needed to find a boyfriend in my last year of high school.

I closed my eyes. God, if you're there, please find a good boyfriend for me. Please give me a boyfriend. I want to know how it feels to have someone who's there for you in every moment of life, and if possible, I want to know how it feels to be in love. I don't want to be single anymore...

After I ended my rather long prayer, I slowly opened my eyes.

"Hey!"

I screamed and jumped almost 10 feet backwards in fright.

Xavier was standing right in front of me with a wide grin on his face. Asshole!

"What the hell, Xavier?! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"I'm so...not sorry." He stuck out his tongue at me. He suddenly bent down, scooped a handful of snow and threw it at me. It smacked me right at my face and I felt my cheeks and nose go numb with cold. I spluttered and stood up clumsily as another snowball hit me.

"Snow fight!", Xavier shouted gleefully and threw his hands in the air.

And a war began.

# # #

I was sitting in the living room watching The Big Bang Theory. Xavier had long gone home. The snow fight had left us both tired and cold and there was a high possibility of both of us catching a cold. Suddenly the doorbell rang. Mom was cooking lunch so I decided to get it.

I opened the door and got a surprise.

"Colin?"

"Uh...hi."

I imvited him in, puzzled. Colin had never come to my house. He always used to tutor me at his house or at the library. Yeah, we were friends now but I never expected him to come to my house.

We went upstairs to my room with a plate of cookies.

"So.......? Umm...how is my room? "

"Cool...er...but a little messy."

Silence.

"Did you....want anything?"

"I...uh..I wanted to talk to you, Ethan."

"About?"

He started fidgeting and looked down. He played with his hands and his cheeks suddenly turned pink. What the hell was wrong with this boy?

"I...I...", he stuttered. I nodded encouragingly. He gulped and started to sweat. Okay, I'm seriously worried for Colin. This boy was acting strange!

He suddenly blurted, "I like you Ethan! Will you be my boyfriend?"

Oh fucking shit.

Hahahaha! How is the chapter? Good? I hope so. What do you think will Ethan's reaction be? Is Colin the one for him? And Christmas is near so Colin seems to be the only choice.... Read on to know what will happen!

And please do VOTE! Come on! All you have to do is click the Vote button. So please, please VOTE!

And guys please do check out my other stories.