Chapter 5

I opened my Facebook account and - 34 notifications! Tagged photos, statuses, someone's birthday, game requests, invites, and of course, change in relationship statuses.

Somebody was happily in a relationship, somebody was in a complicated relationship, somebody else was engaged and someone was even freaking unbelievably married. But, you guessed it, no body was single. Except for, of course, me.

My profile read a shameful Single ever since I first opened my Facebook account years ago. While my friends changed their relationship statuses every two months, mine remained the same. I didn't know whether to feel proud or ashamed. Whatever it was, it was definitely time to change my relationship status.

Just wait till I get a boyfriend.

# # #

"How's Colin?", Xavier smirked. "He is fine", I retorted. "So...is he the one?", he asked. I whipped my head towards him, horrified. "No!", I almost screamed. It had been two days since Colin had started tutoring me. He was a good person and not as nerdy as I had initially thought. I was beyond shocked when I learned that he played basketball. I hadn't seen that coming.

Colin was a nice guy - a good friend to have around. Yes he was nerdy a bit, but he had a good and understanding character. He was shy at first but as the shyness wore off, he was very frank and fun. We had become good friends now.

BUT Colin would never ever be my boyfriend. He would always remain just a friend. Imagining him as my boyfriend was just too hilarious. And awkward. Nope. I needed to find someone else by Christmas.

Xavier was not doing a good job at helping me. He would always end up suggesting someone too ridiculous to be my boyfriend. My best friend sucked at match making.

"Hi baby!", an irritating voice floated over. Ugh! Here comes the annoying pest again.

Amy cat-walked towards us as her boobs bobbed up and down. It looked so big and fake. (Who knew, maybe they were actually oranges or something?) I grimaced as she and Xavier made out for a while. Yuck! It made me feel disgusted and angry. She always wore a red lipstick and a ton of makeup. She always flirted with other guys but Xavier was too blind to see it.

They finally pulled apart. "So", Amy said to Xavier,"I have a party at my house tonight at 9. I'll see you there." Then she turned to me and said with a sneer,"Just because you are Xavier's friend, you can come too." As she swayed her ass and walked away, I grabbed Xavier's face towards me and wiped his lips with my sleeve.

"Hey!", he tried to protest.

"You had her lipstick", I snapped.

He sighed and said,"I like her."

"Do you love her?"

"Umm...I don't think I love her, but, I really like her a lot."

I snorted.

"Did you sleep with her?"

"Of course not!"

I snorted again."Are you sure you did not fuck her?"

"Ethan, stop it! I did not sleep with her, ok?"

I felt relieved on hearing that.

"She is a bitch", I said."And she is so fake. How can you even like her? I'm sure she has STDs or something. I heard she sleeps around with other guys." Xavier narrowed his eyes at me and almost screamed at me but just snapped,"You are going to the party with me."

"No."

" Yes."

"Nope."

"Yep."

"Nooo."

"Yesss."

"NO!"

"YES!"

"Ok fine!"

Xavier grinned at me. Asshole.

"I hope I meet a cute guy there", I muttered, "Hopefully, my future boyfriend."

"I'm sure you will", he replied.

I wish I could be sure too...

Please do VOTE! Please!